Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2020, 05:39 AM   #1

2017-flagstaff-21dmhw-camping-trailer

My Flagstaff has only the self-contained black water holding tank. Has anyone found a way to convert it into a system that allows a sewer hose to be connected allowing you to take advantage of the campsite sewer connection?
jburde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburde01 View Post
My Flagstaff has only the self-contained black water holding tank. Has anyone found a way to convert it into a system that allows a sewer hose to be connected allowing you to take advantage of the campsite sewer connection?
Not sure what you mean by self contained black water tank. I assume you hook a sewer hose to the out side valve when you use the dump station. You would use the same sewer hose but place it inside the sewer at your campsite. Once you are hooked to the campsite sewer you simply empty the tank as you would at the dump station
Csbadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:56 AM   #3

sewer connection

You need to be familiar with 21dmhw to be able to answer this question but thanks anyway
Old 05-15-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
You need to be familiar with 21dmhw to be able to answer this question but thanks anyway
Which is why I'm moving your thread, from the General Community Discussion section to the correct area, the A-frame sub-forum.
When you post in a General section, you'll get a lot of General responses.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:22 PM   #5
OYO

Welcome to the Forums, there's lots of great information here.

Our Aframe doesn't have the residential head. Just for future readers: I think this is equivalent to a Rockwood A214HW.

There are several 214 posters around I'm, sure you'll get some input.
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #6
Itching to go . . .

I do not have your exact model (mine is a TBHW) but I looked it up. I believe you have what is called a cassette toilet. The black "tank" is a removable holding tank. It would be quite an endeavor to convert this to a tank that could be connected directly to a campground sewer hookup.
I simply empty my cassette into the campsite connection or the dump station if I didn't have sewer connection at the site.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:36 PM   #7
OYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosure View Post
I do not have your exact model (mine is a TBHW) but I looked it up. I believe you have what is called a cassette toilet. The black "tank" is a removable holding tank. It would be quite an endeavor to convert this to a tank that could be connected directly to a campground sewer hookup.
I simply empty my cassette into the campsite connection or the dump station if I didn't have sewer connection at the site.
I checked out the 2017 brochure. It has a real residential/flush toilet.
Old 05-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #8

Yes, it is "called" a residential flush toilet but the previous replies explanation is correct. It has a removable holding tank and it would be difficult at best to rig it will a hose connection for dumping.
It is identical to the A214HW Rockwood.
dhubbca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:00 PM   #9

Quote:
That's an interesting thought. I've got a A213HW which has a similar arrangement. I think it would be possible but you'd have to have two separate "cassettes" with one modified to work with the campsite sewer connection. A hole through the floor in the cassette cavity and somehow figuring out how to route the drain so it doesn't plug. You would also want to plumb the sink gray water into the same hose. I'll bet someone could figure it out with a little time!
Old 07-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #10

Hated the idea of having to use a container to capture grey water when I am at a camp ground that offers full hookups, so I fixed the problem. I added 1-1/2” pvc pipe to the existing shower drain pipe to turn the water towards the opposite side of the trailer. Then I connected it to a 3” pvc pipe adding the sew connector to the end. This allows my shower water to drain directly to the sewer (image shown has a garden hose connected because I am currently at a camp site with no sewer and capturing in a hydroller container.
Attachment 233173Attachment 1
It really works great.
Thingswesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingswesaw View Post
Hated the idea of having to use a container to capture grey water when I am at a camp ground that offers full hookups, so I fixed the problem. I added 1-1/2” pvc pipe to the existing shower drain pipe to turn the water towards the opposite side of the trailer. Then I connected it to a 3” pvc pipe adding the sew connector to the end. This allows my shower water to drain directly to the sewer (image shown has a garden hose connected because I am currently at a camp site with no sewer and capturing in a hydroller container.
Attachment 233173Attachment 1
It really works great.

Trailer sewer pipe parts

1. J-bend sink trap 1 1/2 in
2. 2 in x 1-1/2 in bushing
3. 1-1/2 in ABS cleanest adapter
4. 1-1/2 in ABS pipe 5 ft long
5. 3 in x 1-1/2 in ABS coupling
6. 3 in ABS pipe cut to length about 12-18 in
7. Val terry black T1092-2 termination adapter 3” slip hub round on Amazon.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0579.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	233203
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0581.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	233204
Old 07-05-2020, 05:25 PM   #12
OYO

[QUOTE=Thingswesaw;2359930]Trailer sewer pipe parts

1. J-bend sink trap 1 1/2 in
2. 2 in x 1-1/2 in bushing
3. 1-1/2 in ABS cleanest adapter
4. 1-1/2 in ABS pipe 5 ft long
5. 3 in x 1-1/2 in ABS coupling
6. 3 in ABS pipe cut to length about 12-18 in
7. Val terry black T1092-2 termination adapter 3” slip hub round on Amazon.c

Wow! That's a nice post.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #13

Thingswesaw, that's a heck of a plumbing job for the shower drain! Does the sink drain also connect on the other side? I just drain our shower in to an old blue buddy and the sink in to an old 5 gallon water jug from our tent camping days (many moons ago).
Old 07-08-2020, 10:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlacamper View Post
Thingswesaw, that's a heck of a plumbing job for the shower drain! Does the sink drain also connect on the other side? I just drain our shower in to an old blue buddy and the sink in to an old 5 gallon water jug from our tent camping days (many moons ago).

I have a sewer connection that has a hose fitting, probably for clean out. I run a hose from the sink drain where I have a vent and then to the sewer connection. Everything drains directly to the sewer. No buckets or containers to mess with when I have full hookups.
Old 04-29-2022, 04:33 AM   #15

Just a follow up from my original post 5 years ago to see if anyone has figured out how to connect a sewer hose to the black water cassette.
Old 05-03-2022, 05:56 AM   #16

Just my thoughts not trying to dash your hopes, but because of the height of the drain tube on the black tank even if you found a way to connect it to a hose using a reducer the the toilet would almost have to over flow for the liquid to flow out and the solids will just fill the tank and not be able to go out unless it happens to be a floater. �� Even if u did cut a hole in the bottom and installed a fitting for a sewer hose the tank is flat and not at a angle to drain the contents leaving you to deal with a much harder clean out job. If you connected the hose straight to the bottom of the toilet you have to much risk of sewer gases coming back up. I’m in the process of removing the current wet bath and building a new shower pan so I can install a airhead composting toilet to get away from the black tank cassette all together.
Wan2bMountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:02 AM   #17

Valid points, thanks for your thoughts

Tags
camping, flagstaff, trailer