Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #21
Mostly Harmless

My packet of manuals contains a brochure titled "Lamilux Super 1000, Super 1000 Extra, HG 4000, Super 1500 Flex, 1000 Super Span, and LAMILite Gel Coated Fiberglass RV Siding and Roof Material", but it contains only warranty information. I didn't find use and care info, though that may be in the owners manual, which seems to be the only document I didn't bring in. If you find more detail on it, I'd be glad to have it.

I waxed the whole camper last month with Turtle Wax without first checking whether it was recommend either for or against in my materials. Turned out beautifully so I guess I lucked out. There must be products we should avoid using, though.

I've got nothing about the windows, and I've seen no markings on them except the glassmaker's info. Perhaps FR builds them.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
My packet of manuals contains a brochure titled "Lamilux Super 1000, Super 1000 Extra, HG 4000, Super 1500 Flex, 1000 Super Span, and LAMILite Gel Coated Fiberglass RV Siding and Roof Material", but it contains only warranty information. I didn't find use and care info, though that may be in the owners manual, which seems to be the only document I didn't bring in. If you find more detail on it, I'd be glad to have it.

I waxed the whole camper last month with Turtle Wax without first checking whether it was recommend either for or against in my materials. Turned out beautifully so I guess I lucked out. There must be products we should avoid using, though.

I've got nothing about the windows, and I've seen no markings on them except the glassmaker's info. Perhaps FR builds them.
Found the lamilux warranty Pdf, it does have some care instructions at the bottom. Also found the MSDS for the Lamilux products, ill add those to the big pdf and also put them into thr files section here where ive been putting all the others.

I also have the pdf for the Dometic Analog Thermostat. Heat/cool/heat pump and the analog control kit for it...

Hamguy and anyone else, am i missing anything else common to the a frame hardsides?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #23

Thanks to everyone and especially Rawlus. Great job compiling all these docs into a single PDF that we can tote along in our phones or tablets. I love the portfolio version, and it works great with the Adobe reader app on iDevices.

Again awesome job! You would think FR would do this and include on a cd or DVD. But that would be unlikely considering the lack of printed manuals is many cases.
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #24

Oh... I also think these links be,ong in the FAQ section of the site, and maybe even a sub section there for us aframers.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep4Two View Post
Oh... I also think these links be,ong in the FAQ section of the site, and maybe even a sub section there for us aframers.
I have a few more to add to the links i posted earlier, ill update when the finals are up

I have also been uploading the individual pdfs to the Files section here, so you can find individual ones there, but i agree the one pdf portfolio file is much easier....
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #26

One more to add. Herk had a thread I found with a more detailed al-ko manual.

Here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...4&d=1293030655
Old 06-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #27

Ok thx
Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #28

ok - this should be final version.
ive included multiple AL-KO Axle spec sheets as well as the thetford toilet manuals for both the cassette and portable, the thermostat and control kit manuals, use and care info as well as MSDS for the lamilux siding material and the use and care manual for AL-KO Axles. I also added manual for the Husky Brute series of electric lift jacks (as that is what i have)

In total, a combination of about 34 different PDFs covering nearly all the equipment, appliances and accessories common to the Flagstaff/Rockwood Hardside A-Frame campers.

Portfolio PDF (40MB)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36594318/Ro..._portfolio.pdf

Standard PDF (40MB)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36594318/Ro...ls_Jun2012.pdf
Old 06-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #29
Mostly Harmless

What a great service, Rawlus! Hats off to you. Now if I run into trouble on the road to Alaska this summer at least I'll have the information I need at hand. I'm going to put a copy of everything on either a flash drive or an SD card so I'll have it with me.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 06-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
What a great service, Rawlus! Hats off to you. Now if I run into trouble on the road to Alaska this summer at least I'll have the information I need at hand. I'm going to put a copy of everything on either a flash drive or an SD card so I'll have it with me.
I do the exact same thing with our credentials when traveling, scan copies of passports and ids, credit cards front and back, AAA card, healthcare cards, trip itinerary, etc and put into a PDF, encrypt and password protect it and put it on a thumb drive to leave behind with a family member and also upload to a private area of Dropbox so I can access it directly if needed. If anything happens to us, we have access to the info we would need to cancel cards, get a new passport, etc. or we can reach the family member and give them the password to open the file.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #31

Much Appreciated

Great to have this in one place and be able to read through while waiting for delivery of our A122. Although there may be differences if changes have been made with this years models, it's a good orientation before going through the trailer with the dealer.
ExTenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #32

Welcome Extenter! When do you pick up your A122? Would enjoy pictures of the new addition once youre all settled in...please share any ideas or mods you might come up with!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #33

Thanks handbuilder and I most definitely will share any mods or changes but going through this site it's difficult to imagine coming up with something new! Such great ideas and information sharing in this community of A-framers.

We expect to pick up the unit first week of April. Hopefully the weather will improve, mostly as in dry out. I don't mind giving all the components, such as the heat pump and/or furnace a workout - in fact like many other posts I've read that's when, unfortunately, some the bugs are found or worked out. Would just like to do it without a monsoon drowning it all out.

Nights are still cool in coastal SW B.C., around 4C/40F, but we have a very nice, large provincial park that's open all year about 20 minutes drive away. Great spot for a first trip although like most B.C. parks, no water or power hookups. But oooh those mountain & lake views! Will snap and post some pics.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #34

Congrats Extenter: I look forward to the shots of your maiden voyage. Someday I hope to make it to BC (from Kentucky) and hope its with my AFrame.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #35

Your time on the road would not be misspent Jeep4Two. BC would be a great destination and turn-around point to also take in some of what looks like gorgeous country in the south and southeast of here in the States that we intend to explore as time permits. I should clarify my post above - most provinciall parks don't have hook-ups, though they are starting to up those numbers - but of course there are lots of private ones that do.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #36
Mostly Harmless

On our way back from Alaska last summer, we got off the ferry at Prince Rupert and drove east through BC to Jasper before heading back through AB and into the states at the Sweetgrass, Montana, portal. Awe-inspiring territory! I agree any trip into/through BC wouldn't be wasted. While in Jasper, daily visits to the Bear's Paw Bakery are strongly suggested...

Where are you relative to Prince Rupert?

Edit: just looked you up on Google Maps. You're near a place I want to visit someday, Vancouver. We have relatives in Seattle but we seldom get there to visit and it's always a hasty trip. Someday maybe we can camp our way back there and then explore the area.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 03-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #37

Much to see and do just in the Lower Mainland area - Vancouver and the Fraser Valley - and not far to the north is a gorgeous drive up to the Whistler & Pemberton area. South to Seattle has some very nice country staying either side of I-5. Keep to roads closer to the coast, including the Chuckanut Drive just south of Bellingham, or further inland, south on Hwy 9 from the Abbotsford/Sumas border crossing. So much country, too little time!

Old 05-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #38

Ok you have helped us with our hot water tank that drove us crazy, now I need help with our Refrigerator we have taken it off propane going through a twenty pound tank every often week. We are have a night mare trying to get the seating right direction don't under stand hope any one can help us again we have an A122S hard shell rock wood surpream
Erichkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #39

Am I doing something wrong trying to start my fridge with gas? I have gas going to stove, it works on electric, but when I turn on and hold down button and click red starter, it sounds like it starts but it doesn't work. Does it have to be very level to work?
farmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #40

farmgirl, Welcome to the site. On the A-frame, start as you are doing, you will hear a pop most times, ( the pop tell you that the gas has gotten to the fridge) the pop 9 out of 10 times will put out the pilot light. Do a quick double click with the red starter button. I then wait 5 second and press the starter again to see if the gas pop if no pop, I then feel it is lit.
I will then wait 10 or more minutes and feel for heat on the top vent to see that the fridge is lit/on.
You can lite the fridge at any angle but it must be near level for it to cool.
Oh you need to hold down the on off gas knob and for a time after the pop.
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-frame