Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2017, 05:34 PM   #1

A frame covers

Howdy all, I have a 2015 Coachmen Clipper 12RB. I have my A frame under a storage shed a right now, I’ve been using them for three years now, it’s pretty cheap. But it’s about ninety five miles from my house. I would like to be able to open it up and do maintenance and such. So I was wondering about those covers they sell? Are they good enough for storage on my property year round? Any problems with leaking, or mildew, or anything else?
Any info on them would be much appreciated.
Acamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #2

My only worry is if you are in a windy area the cover will rub on the skylights causing scratches and make them cloudy, otherwise not a problem covering.
sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer330 View Post
My only worry is if you are in a windy area the cover will rub on the skylights causing scratches and make them cloudy, otherwise not a problem covering.
That's a good point... I have been thinking about how to shade those windows... and I thought about this - using some of those cheap silver emergency blankets (if they're long enough) clamped across the windows to the roof frame edges, but held away from the windows by pool noodles.

I wonder if laying a couple pool noodles along the windows to keep the cover raised off of them would be a good idea?
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:35 PM   #4

You may have to stack them like lincoln logs to get high enough over the skylights. I would not put them over the skylight but around the perimeter, if you go over they will also be rubbing. You may also be able to use some rope from side to side above and below the skylight with an 8 inch tall piece of 2x4 to raise the rope making like a teepee to keep the cover off. When my boat gets shrink-wrapped they use a nylon strap all over to make a frame like structure to keep the wrap off the boat
sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:13 PM   #5
RML

I would like to cover my HW212 A frame as well - mainly because I don't want to scratch it removing the snow. We live in Minnesota.
I would like to have a breathable, cover to drop over the sides about 6" and then strap to the base. Has anyone done this? Advise this? have any brand or type recommendations?

Thanks - I'm a newbie.
RML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:29 PM   #6

I use a semi inflated plastic blow-up beach ball by the skylights UNDER the a-frame cover.
JoArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #7

I'm looking for a A-Frame Cover that will hold-up for more than one year of service. Tired of replacing them almost very year.
I have purchased in the past:
Adco
Tyvek
Old 03-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #8

Following..also looking to cover my new A-Frame
badge214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #9

I'm here again needing to replace our a-frame trailer cover. Are there any new fantastic, long-wearing covers I should be aware of that are on the market?
Old 03-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #10

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...th-146039.html

I made this post recently. Hope it helps.
tyoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:37 PM   #11

Maybe the bigger question is if a cover is really needed at all, especially if you live in the midwest, where the sun is not baking down all day long. I live in Minnesota. I store the camper put up in covered storage during the off season. But during the season, it sits in my driveway put up which is shaded with trees. Just wash and wax once a season and call it good.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:12 PM   #12

Thanks for the suggestion about the Camco cover, I just ordered it.
Where we live it can be hot but right now freezing at night. We like having our a-frame covered because it in the front driveway.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:36 PM   #13

cover or not

yup my TT sits on a concrete pad all year. no shade. I was hoping to avoid the situation of leaks. On the Facebook page I took a survey. Seems that an A-Frame from new will start leaking within two years from the skylights. Thats now a good average.
badge214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, frame