Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 10:20 PM   #21

Yes, I picked up the A-frame on Tuesday. It's sitting in my driveway. I'm working or getting rid of a mildew type smell. Also how to level it out since the area it's in slants a bit downhill.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #22

Get some chocks for under the tow post and be sure to put some stops in front of the tires to prevent roll away. My driveway is on a slight downward slant. Be sure to use the camper supports while working inside the camper, don't cheat on that aspect. Maybe some damp rid would help the mildew smell when you close it up again. You can test the water system from your hose, but put a water regulator on the end of the hose, 50-60 psi type. If you want to test your water heater, it needs battery spark to ignite the propane. Do not turn it on until you have run the sink faucets several minutes, all air stops, and you get a full steady flow for several minutes from the hot side of the faucet. There must be water in the tank before you turn on the switch to light it. It will be instant burn out otherwise.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegKen View Post
. Also how to level it out since the area it's in slants a bit downhill.
Others I read who have had this problem say they use a jack stand on the front rather than the regular tongue jack or build up a wooden base to go under the tongue jack. If it were steep enough, some combination of both might be needed.

One guy (OzandUs) with a very steep driveway covered deck boards with non-slip rubber mat and secured chocks to board. When he parked in his drive, he would put them in front of the tires then roll onto the board until the camper hit the chocks. No more worry about a chock slipping.

No personal experience with either of these.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-frame, frame