Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #1

A-Liner Ranger 12 Quality Issues

We have a 2017 A-Liner Ranger 12 camper which we've had out for two short weekend trips and recently a 14 day trip to Colorado. Small problems presented themselves on the short trips but the longer trip brought out several serious quality issues and I would welcome recommendations as to what my options are.
#1 The Propane/02 sensor goes off during the middle of the night. The alarm apparently is for the Propane as this is what is flashing. There is no propane odor. We've had the distributor check for a leak but none was found. I insisted they change out a new sensor but the problem persists. They simply say, 'we can't find a leak'. We keep nothing in the camper that would cause this propane alarm to go off unless it's bacon and eggs. We had to cut the wires and disconnect the sensor just so we could sleep.
#2 The hinges on the stove, cabinets are all breaking, I assume because of vibration from dirt roads while towing but I drive slowly and this particular Ranger is 'Off Road Ready' with larger wheels and axle.
#3 The weather stripping on the door does not fit and there is a large air gap around the door edge. Gets chilly at night.
#4 The outside shower has very little pressure and if not held right produces a slow trickling stream of water rather than any kind of shower like spray.

Are these problems seen by others and what should I do about them. Based on my experience with the Propane sensor, 'we can't find a leak', I'm not optimistic about my options. Thanks for any and all advise you can give me.
pabeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:49 AM   #2

My suggestion for the propane problem would be to make some soapy water and splash it on each connection point. Check and double check connections inside the trailer. Contact your Aliner dealer or Aliner about the hinges. Sounds like a quality control issue. Water problem sounds like a pinched pipe or hose. Talk to your dealer. And FYI, this isn't an Aliner forum it's a Forest River A-Frame forum
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:48 PM   #3

Sorry for posting question on A-Liner

Sorry for posting question on A-Liner. I'm new to Aframes and didn't know Forest River was a specific type of camper.
pabeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:50 PM   #4

Not a problem pabeck1. Welcome to the forum🤠
Old 10-04-2017, 12:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabeck1 View Post
We have a 2017 A-Liner Ranger 12 camper which we've had out for two short weekend trips and recently a 14 day trip to Colorado. Small problems presented themselves on the short trips but the longer trip brought out several serious quality issues and I would welcome recommendations as to what my options are.
#1 The Propane/02 sensor goes off during the middle of the night. The alarm apparently is for the Propane as this is what is flashing. There is no propane odor. We've had the distributor check for a leak but none was found. I insisted they change out a new sensor but the problem persists. They simply say, 'we can't find a leak'. We keep nothing in the camper that would cause this propane alarm to go off unless it's bacon and eggs. We had to cut the wires and disconnect the sensor just so we could sleep.
#2 The hinges on the stove, cabinets are all breaking, I assume because of vibration from dirt roads while towing but I drive slowly and this particular Ranger is 'Off Road Ready' with larger wheels and axle.
#3 The weather stripping on the door does not fit and there is a large air gap around the door edge. Gets chilly at night.
#4 The outside shower has very little pressure and if not held right produces a slow trickling stream of water rather than any kind of shower like spray.

Are these problems seen by others and what should I do about them. Based on my experience with the Propane sensor, 'we can't find a leak', I'm not optimistic about my options. Thanks for any and all advise you can give me.
I have a 2014 A122TH and also had the Propane/O2 Censor go off in the middle of the night with not smell/odor. It scared the **** out of me.

I read a bunch of forums and learned about the low battery alarm going off. It sort of makes a BEEP BEEP BEEP sound every 4 seconds. This was due to the fact that the A-frame was running off the battery and not the site power.

So my past 5 trips I've been disconnecting the battery when I connect to site power.

Since then I haven't had any Propane/O2 censors going off. I have no idea if this helps but I wanted to pass it on.
tyoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #6

Sounds like there is a bad battery or battery issues.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabeck1 View Post
Sorry for posting question on A-Liner. I'm new to Aframes and didn't know Forest River was a specific type of camper.
Forest River is the second largest RV manufacturer in the world, with over 100 brands.
Although this Forum is for owners of FR products, we welcome any RV owner, no matter the brand.
The only issue is that some brand-specufic questions may not be answered, since it's not a FR product.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:43 PM   #8

When our CO detector goes off in the middle of the night I just pull the fuse to shut it up. Now you'll have to splice the wires back together.
As far as getting the rest of your problems fixed, I would locate a shop that does RV repairs and deals with the manufacturers directly and can do warranty work approved by the manufacturer, NOT THE DEALER! Dealers don't give a damn about the product once it leaves their inventory.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Your assumption is probably right. Off-road ready usually just means higher clearances to the frame. They don't make anything else vibration proof inside.

Do anything you can to shore up the hinges, etc. Maybe use sticky back VELCRO on cabinet doors to help prevent vibration. Use Loctite on the screws. Do what you can to fix this problem and deal with it... I doubt there will be anything done for you by the dealer or mfg.

Quote:
go to the hardware store and buy some sticky back foam tape in the size needed to fix the gap.

Quote:
try taking off the shower hose from the camper, or at least the spray head and try to blow through the hose. Is there any obstructions in the line? Almost has to be if the water just drips... find where the issue is and fix it.

If you read much on any camper forum you will find people complaining about dealer service and long wait times AFTER the sale. Do your self a favor and lots of frustration... fix your minor issues as best you can and save yourself time and trouble.

good luck

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:07 PM   #10

It sounds like your camper is new enough for all this to be covered by Aliner warranty. I had similar problems with my propane alarm, found out when battery power is low the alarm will chirp, make sure when plugged into shore power the inverter breaker is on so it can keep the battery charged. Have your dealer fix hinges and weatherstrip. The shower head probably has junk from the water tank during construction and its now stuck in the line. Unscrew the shower head and turn on hot and cold to see if the water flows good, also check the shower head screen where the water line attaches thats where the junk may have collected. Aline also has a forum similar to this one for Aliner owners, most all Aframe campers are similar and have the same problems.
sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:13 PM   #11
OYO

I agree with battery. Make sure you have a full charge (12.6 V min) before you do anything too drastic.

Mine beeped like that when we got it home form the dealer. Charged overnight, fixed.
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #12

Another item to check, if you are running the fridge on propane, is the burner jet and its orifice. If too much propane is passing through to the burner flame, the detector will know and emit an alarm.
mickrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:56 AM   #13

Payback,
FYI on Facebook there is a closed group for Aliner problems run by a real guru. Warning don't get snarky with the mod. Also are you a memeber of the Aliners Owners Club, they have a website alinersownerclub.org, they have a great DIY section. 20USD a year. worth it also rallies etc.
Its Cute but......
Total (2104-2017) 319 2018 (59)
dts3204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality