Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #1

A122 motorized jack story

I have an A122 right around a year old. I swore the battery was going dead, as the jack wasn't working most of the time. This morning I left the campsite and powered the jack while still plugged to 120v. No problem. Got home, lifted the camper off the hitch while hooked to 12v no problem.

Trailer would not then go down. Fuses all fine inside, breakers fine. Power going to LED okay.

Traced the red wire and lo and behold there is an inline fuse assembly that I never noticed. Cracked the twist on open and tons of red rust came out from the spring that is inside. I guess the spring was just loose enough that one end of the automotive fuse had some arcing/corrosion products on it. Roughed it up with some sandpaper and it works like a champ again.

Just posting this in case someone else has similar issues. I didn't even know there was an inline fuse on the jack motor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5270.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	189653  
hagensieker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #2

My electric jack has a inline spade fuse that blew the first day I had the camper. Dealer hooked up the camper and jack worked fine, got home and went to raise camper to get off hitch and nothing. Checked spade fuse and it was blown. Changed it out and has been fine ever since. I believe it was just one of those low bid supply parts bought for assembly. Who knows.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:57 PM   #3

You should use a slo-blow fuse for the jack, when you hit the limit up or down it causes a surge in power which will blow the std fuse, the slo-blow is a bit more forgiving in these cases and wont blow.
sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a122