Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2018, 05:13 PM   #1

A122TH leaking

Hello Everyone, I have a '15 A122TH that has been a great addition to our camping experience. Last August though, after leaving the camper secured in transport mode in the hot sun of southern Colorado for ten days, I returned to find a lot of water damage inside. The back portion of the roof, which folds underneath of the front portion, had dropped and during a severe thunder storm allowed water to pour in and warp the particle board top on the cabinet, soak the mattress top and sleeping bags in the storage bin below.

Initially I thought perhaps that I hadn't clamped the roof down tight, although the clamps were in the same position as set on day one. When it came time to leave, I tightened the clamps to the max and headed for home. The camper has been to more than a dozen locations in Colorado and Wyoming over my two years of ownership without incident, until that big rain. Since last August, I can see an uneven gap in the rubber seal between the folds of the roof sections and have to be careful to raise the tongue in order to maintain an angle for runoff when parked. I covered the camper for the winter and now have time to dive into a fix before spring. I've tried using various devices like folded towels or noodles to raise the back roof section during transport and thus make the gap between the folded roof sections more secure, which initially doesn't appear to work to my satisfaction.

Any help or ideas is appreciated by this new member.
theatv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:04 PM   #2

Is the rubber seal worn?
Is the front panel warped or the back?
How much from flat is the panel?
Is there any wabble/bending of the panel?
If the back panel is the problem and not the seal I think it's time to talk with the dealer or make a trip to Indiana.
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
OYO

No suggestions other than there was a thread (long) on this forum a year or so ago about a similar situation. If i recall correctly he was working with Forest River on a solution.

Might try doing some searches.
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #4

Call Tim at Forrest River 574-642-8944 he has been a great help to me
steve02bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:38 PM   #5

The rear panel is somewhat uneven. I tried searching for old threads before posting yet didn't come up with anything similar as all appeared to be about the skylight and such. If you come across the thread, feel free to share. Thanks for the name and number, I'll give him a call.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:33 PM   #6
OYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatv View Post
The rear panel is somewhat uneven. I tried searching for old threads before posting yet didn't come up with anything similar as all appeared to be about the skylight and such. If you come across the thread, feel free to share. Thanks for the name and number, I'll give him a call.
This is the thread I had in mind. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...el-107939.html

Good luck.
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:47 PM   #7

OYO, this is the perfect thread for me. Thanks. Though no one offered any phone numbers, I have the one from earlier today. I'll keep ya'll updated on progress.

Tags
a122, leak