Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #1

A192HW Sides not fitting correctly

Hi all,

The A frame side without the door (big window side) on my 2014 A192HW is having issues fitting into place. I've used the camper around 8 times since I've owned it and never had an issue in the past until this last trip. The issue is where the pin enters the cavity. It is off and very tough to be forced into place. It looks as if the whole side needs to be scooted about an inch or so to the rear for it to fit. For the time being I removed the pin and I'm able get the locks to attach, but this shows the same symptoms of it being off a bit. The locked towards the front needs to be somewhat forced to fit into the recess and the rear one has excess space.

I've read another thread with this issue and there were mentions of the correct process of setting up and I have tried all combinations of assembly with leveling, stabilizer jacks, and putting sides up. Nothing seems to work.

I have checked the hinge screws which are all in decent shape and the squarness of the camper in general and I can't seem to find the culprit. I have also checked the roof assembly which is fully up and functional at the time this door is attempted to be put in place.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
CDory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #2

We had the same issue with the same model. I ended up backing the bolt out. After our first camp of the year (which included a 200 mile round trip) something must have jarred it back into shape, cause I could tighten it back up.
buddyrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:40 AM   #3
OYO

We had this issue once. I think it was caused by a wheel chock not holding and the camper moved a little. We reattached the camper to the truck and started over with no issues.
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:22 AM   #4

do you have the lift actuator? Is it opening too far? I had my roof replaced and found that afterwards the actuator goes just a bit too far. I adjusted my setup, and its working normally again.

2016 212HW led valiantly into the beyond by a 2010 Track Edition Ford Ranger 4x4.

Nights camped 2016: 14
Nights camped 2017: 11 (so far)
Luv70sFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. Since issue started at campsite I have driven home roughly 200miles and the problem persisted upon home arrival.

I do not have the actuator system. It is the manual lift.

I will just leave the pin out for now.
CDory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #6

Don't level camper

We had this problem once when DH leveled camper before I had erected the walls. Now we make sure walls are up before leveling. Problem solved - for us at least.
bentbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #7

I have noticed on my 192HW that the roof doesnt allways go up all the way on the back side. I can see the door side is correct but when viewed from the outside the left roof panel needs to pop up another inch. I just push on it and it snaps into place. If i dont do this its not possible to get the triangle walls to latch correctly.

2006 Honda Odyssey
2017 Rockwood A 192HW
Ruger1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #8

The A-Frame frame flexes a lot.
First I would make sure the roof is all the way up on both sides, I sometimes have to go to the driver side to set the roof on that side. Call me weak. I have even found if the water tank is filled or empty make a different. also if the trailer is on a slope the front hitch lift makes a different. also if it is still hitch to the car or not can make a different. most of the time no problem setting the wall. I would think you will find the sweet spot that works for your A Frame.
Sometimes the side will go up without the screw touching other time I have to push hard to get it to set in the hole.
What I would do is have someone put the front jack down while I was in lilting the side wall to see if it would fit while the jack is moving. if not then I would raise it and try the rear jack while lifting if the screw goes in.This all I can offer.
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote