Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #1

A194HW vs. T21QBHW

I am getting the upgrade itch and have been looking at Rockwood and Flagstaff. Neither of my dealers within a reasonable drive have a 19 and a 21 both in stock so I can compare the two side by side, so it is off to the Rockwood dealer to see the 19 and Flagstaff dealer to see the 21.
I know both are the same thing except for graphics, colors and size, so my question is for those of you who bought one of these, what swayed you to make your purchase? Is there a significant difference in one vs. the other, other than color? I am finding the price difference not big enough to influence me either way. The color of the Rockwood appeals to me a bit more, but don't think color would sway me either way.
epcotisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:28 AM   #2

I can't help you with your decision in preference as I have a toyhauler model but I will impart advice of making sure you measure your garage space to ensure the the models you are considering will fit the space where you think you want to store it.

My toyhauler is just under 23 ft from tongue to bumper. It would barely fit my garage and now sits inside my husband's shop. That might have been a deciding factor in choosing the shorter bike hauler model but I didn't even think of it not fitting the garage at the time I purchased mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-14 18.24.26.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	79991  

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:40 AM   #3

Thanks. Good advice about fitting in the garage. Unfortunately, ours will be stored outside. We are thinking about building a pole barn type roof to park the camper under, but will need to build a tall one as I plan to store it popped up like we store our current a-frame. Oh, we like the toy hauler and would certainly be looking at one of those if we needed the hauling space. My wife said she would use the area as a patio, which makes sense to me. Maybe they will build a HW TH some day.
epcotisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
Site Team

The price difference between the Flagstaff T21 and T19 was $500 when we bought our T21. That extra two feet of box length can make all the difference in feeling comfortable in the trailer.