Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2023, 05:23 PM   #1

Aframe heat pump filter

I have a 2019 Rockwood 214HW Aframe and in my spring prep for summer travel want to clean the heat pump filter. After 18,000 miles of travel, I’m sure it’s dirty. Where is it located? Do I remove the caulking from the exterior vent and access the filter there?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Roy
2019 Rockwood 214HW
2011 Toyota Highlander
2011 Toyota Highlander
Gramps42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 08:53 AM   #2

I have not done it, but the person we bought our 2019 A213HW from cleaned it before we bought it (and remarked how dirty it was).

He mentioned he went through the front from inside the cabin. If I recall correctly he said some screws were not easy to access but he was able to get them out. I hope this helps in figuring it out and look forward to reading what you learn.
Old 04-12-2023, 09:47 AM   #3

On the 2 A-frames I have had, the Cool Cat cabin air intake was beneath the outlets on the front grill. I'm not sure whether there is a filter pad there or not. On the T21TBHW, the outside grill was mounted upside down, funneling rain into the Cool Cat area. Putting the outside grill back correctly (and putting insect screen on it) required some modification of the 2 condensate drains so that they still worked. There were also floor condensate drains in the Cool Cat compartment.

When I redirected the outlets on the Cool Cat on my T21TBHW (A213HW), I noticed there were air leaks everywhere. Sealed off the intake and exhaust streams as best I could using real duct tape.

I accessed the Cool Cats by removing the plywood bed above them.

Fred W
now 2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
then 2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2022 Hyundai Palisade
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:48 PM   #4

Just to add to what Fred W said, I was recently dewinterizing our trailer to go on a trip. I removed the plywood bed above the heat pump to access the water filter and took a moment to look carefully down at the the front of the heat pump, the part facing inside toward the cabin. It did not have an air filter, rather it had tightly packed air fins like you would see on an outside unit part of a house heat pump.

Tags
frame, pump, ram