Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 12:54 AM   #1

Annoying problems

We love our new A214HW Rockwood Aframe. We just returned from a three week trip and are going out next week for a four week trip. There are many things we love about this trailer and are very happy to show it off.

Unfortunately, I think ours was assembled on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon. The trailer is at the dealer to correct several items that I thought Rockwood's quality control should have caught. The Cool Cat AC is draining out of the grate, the gas cooktop wasn't installed correctly, there are several screws pulling out, there is a short in circuit 4 that affected the inside lights fantastic fan and water heater.

There are several excellent things like the fridge which not only kept the food cold in plus 30 C heat, but also froze fresh meat in the freezer. The Cool Cat AC and the heat pump keep the interior comfortable. There is lots of storage.

Two small appliances we added that made life even easier are an Instant Pot pressure cooker and ice maker.
Maramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #2

I think every camper I've ever owned was made on a Monday or a Friday. They should all ship with a complete wiring diagram, a multimeter, a soldering iron, and wire cutters.
Every camper should also have a sticker on the door that says "Some reassembly required."
carlsbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsbad View Post
I think every camper I've ever owned was made on a Monday or a Friday. They should all ship with a complete wiring diagram, a multimeter, a soldering iron, and wire cutters.
Every camper should also have a sticker on the door that says "Some reassembly required."
x2. Had to rewire my tail/stop lights to work correctly.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #4

Our unit was assemble on Saturday after they were out Late on Friday night. We have the A213HW. We love the camper. We got the new plan with either twin or King size bed. Twin bed allows more floor space. the areas where vents Etc were not properly sealed and it leaks just above the front storage unit. It was supposed to be repaired late last summer when we got it back it was snowing so we stored inside thru the winter. Come spring we got it out set it up and it still leaks. Drove 3 hours to dealer we bought it from. They said they fixed and and was nice enough to deliver it back to us. It rained and it still leaks. We are using it this week and on our way back we are going to drop it of to the dealer one more time. If it leaks this time we get it back then we are driving it back to the manufacture it the same distance as the dealer. Just what I wanted to do at the start of my retirement is to buy a new camper and drive back and forth. to the dealer to get it fixed.
Katerjane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #5

One word "Dicor". Use the tape then the selfleveling compound.
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote