Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2017, 11:18 AM   #1

Anyone have mod ideas for a Rockwood A212HW?

Just had my walkthru on my 2018 a212hw, wasn't happy until everything got fixed (touch up, foam seal at top failed, etc.). Minor items but sure was a disapointment considering it was my 1st purchase in 11 yrs.
Was just wondering if anyone has made any changes on their A Frame? I noticed there were 2 bungee cords attached to help the top move up & down. I'm sure these won't last long and the foam seal at the top failed on my walkthru so, right off the bat, I had a wty item. Has anyone made improvements on these or any other items?
AZ Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 03:50 PM   #2

no....I have a 2011 a122 and these have not failed.
bypass your freshwater tank. and install 12 volt outlets...if they have not put them my now....don't waist your money on things that are covered under warranty...
Old 10-15-2017, 04:47 PM   #3

i also have one of the first 2011 A122’s. no issues, bungees are still fine, never a leak, have done many mods. most valuable were...
LED light tape along the stove-side top of wall. to give ambient, indirect lighting across the entire ceiling peak.
added USB and Cig lighter outlets near the radio.
added a nice disappearing retractable outlet tower behind sink near door of bed, this collapses flush to countertop when traveling but pulls out of countertop to reveal three out
end which can be used for coffee pot, electric mattress, electric blanket. etc. much easier then the outlets that are placed right by the mattress in the sides of the cabinet now.
added the magnetic screen door.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:33 PM   #4

Definitely do something for lighting other than those blinding ceiling lights. They're not horrible when you're sitting under them but you'll blind whoever is on the other end of the camper from you!
tlspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlus View Post
i also have one of the first 2011 A122’s. no issues, bungees are still fine, never a leak, have done many mods. most valuable were...
LED light tape along the stove-side top of wall. to give ambient, indirect lighting across the entire ceiling peak.
added USB and Cig lighter outlets near the radio.
added a nice disappearing retractable outlet tower behind sink near door of bed, this collapses flush to countertop when traveling but pulls out of countertop to reveal three out
end which can be used for coffee pot, electric mattress, electric blanket. etc. much easier then the outlets that are placed right by the mattress in the sides of the cabinet now.
added the magnetic screen door.
LED light tape? Is this run off battery or electric? You have any pics or all this?
AZ Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:43 PM   #6

this is the stuff. lots of deals on ebay. you need the tape as well as a controller. it’s 12V so it works both with and without shore power. you can tap into the wires for the front ceiling light in the corner above the Hw heater. or create a new lead from the fuse panel.
12V 5M Waterproof 300 LED RGB Strip Light 3528 SMD Lamp Ribbon Tape Roll KIT BL | eBay

old pictures of the lights installed. (edit: seems i can’t attach pics anymore)

Tags
rockwood