Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2015, 06:43 PM   #1

Circulating AC in an aframe

I took my 2014 a122s on the first trip a couple weeks ago. Everything is good! I did notice that, because the AC is under the bed I'm sleeping in, it seems most of the cool air ends up on the opposite end of the camper. If someone was sleeping on the dinette/bed.. they would be extra cool. I was comfortable in the master bed.. but I'm thinking maybe a little fan might help. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas about circulating the cool air in the camper?
Old 09-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #2

Fyi, if it helps, the circle vents are adjustable, maybe redirect toward ceiling so it bounces air around better. I agree, being on the bench bed at other end would be like being in the Arctic and I don,t really like the vibration through my bed with AC running.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:43 AM   #3

Thanks.. I have adjusted the vents to shoot the AC upward. I am looking for ideas to bring the cool air back to the master bed end of the aframe.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:29 AM   #4

I carry an O2 Cool 12V fan with me. It helps distribute the unevenly cooled or heated air and makes a great auxiliary to the roof fan when dry camping.

Here is a link from Amazon. I bought one at Walmart. It runs from 8 D cell batteries (for tent camping) or a power cord that must be bought separately or made.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #5

Clip-on fan

We noticed a distinct thermocline in our camper in the summer. It would be comfortable as long as you are sitting down, but when you stand up, you would get hot. We bought a small, quiet, inexpensive 110V clip-on fan at Walmart and clip it on the ceiling towel rack and point it upward. This efficiently distributes air throughout the camper, and, as long as we're not dry camping, is the perfect solution for us. Ours is white, which blends in well with the décor.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:27 AM   #6

Hot up top

We also noticed a distinct hot spot higher up in our A127TH when set up in an unshaded spot on a bright and hot day. We just opened the vent fan, ran it on low just a bit, then turned it off, letting the hotter air simply vent out of the top.

Rockwood A127TH.
Fox58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame, a-frame