Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #81

Handbuilder:
How do you transport the grill that comes with the camper? Because of the frame needed to attach it to the side of the camper, do you transport box and all. Will that box fit beneath my bed? (T12RB Flagstaff).
Thanks,
Jim
jjdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #82
Flagstaff 22FBS

Hi jjdcamper,
While I'm not handbuilder, I will answer your question as to how we transport our RVQue gas grill which came with our Rockwood A126.

After it cools (over night or what ever) Gary leaves the hanging bracket attached and places the whole works into a large, heavy mil trash bag. Then "twist ties" the top closed to help contain any grease mess and cooking odor. When we travel it is stowed in our van (tow vehicle). Fortunately at home we have the luxury of space and can store it in the garage on a shelf and not in the camper. We do not store the grill in our Aframe because we are concerned about drawing up ants or other varmints into the camper.

If your bed lifts by hydraulics and has storage underneath, then maybe that would work for you.

hth,
Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #83

Hi Jjdcamper - we do pretty much what Deb describes. We have space on our toy deck to transport the grill. I am still searching for a carry bag for it. I am still kicking myself for selling the RVQue with my travel trailer a couple years ago...

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #84

do you want my rvq??? its sittin in the garage .. fired up once .. and nothing cooked on it ... it even comes with the wall attachment ...

pm me with an offer ..

d-mo
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #85
MI Camperz

I prefer cooking outside....keep the steam, oils, crumbs outside! I do cook inside when it's not nice out. I want to hear more about your nifty camp stove/over cobo. Looks so kewl. I can see me keeping one in the shed at our seasonal site.
Mike and Lynn
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #86

For outside cookers... we too cook most outside unless inclement weather. We've used our Coleman 2 burner stove for years... small green propane bottle for fuel. Now that we are upgrading from PU to A122BH Hardside, my thought is, how can I use the propane on the trailer to fuel my outside stove? Has anyone plugged into the RVQ gas with another stove type appliance. Don't really want to get a different grill as we have the RVQ, but would like to use onboard propane since we will now have two tanks of fuel. We've never even used one fuel tank of fuel even on the six week cross country trip....
Carla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #87
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla View Post
For outside cookers... we too cook most outside unless inclement weather. We've used our Coleman 2 burner stove for years... small green propane bottle for fuel. Now that we are upgrading from PU to A122BH Hardside, my thought is, how can I use the propane on the trailer to fuel my outside stove? Has anyone plugged into the RVQ gas with another stove type appliance. Don't really want to get a different grill as we have the RVQ, but would like to use onboard propane since we will now have two tanks of fuel. We've never even used one fuel tank of fuel even on the six week cross country trip....
I've connected to my on board system and I've also taken a tank off to run a burner with a high pressure regulator. That method I do most often. It eliminates have to carry another portable butane bottle and I can cook on my table top stove from Harbor Freight on my free standing 2 burner cooker.
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #88

WEMig,
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEMig View Post
I've connected to my on board system and I've also taken a tank off to run a burner with a high pressure regulator. That method I do most often. It eliminates have to carry another portable butane bottle and I can cook on my table top stove from Harbor Freight on my free standing 2 burner cooker.
Now that is a stove in my price range! Can I use the hose for the RVQ plugged directly into this Harbor Freight stove? If not, what do I need and where do I find it? Thanks for your help!
47 Nights
20 Sites
6655 Miles
Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #89
William

You can with the correct LP fittings. Just don't put a regulator on that line because the gas is already regulated from the trailer.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #90
William

Quote:
WEMig,

Now that is a stove in my price range! Can I use the hose for the RVQ plugged directly into this Harbor Freight stove? If not, what do I need and where do I find it? Thanks for your help!
This is the stove that I have. Best Butane stove for the money.

Search results for: 'stove'
Old 05-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEMig View Post
This is the stove that I have. Best Butane stove for the money.

You can with the correct LP fittings.

Search results for: 'stove'
Thank you. That is the one I found when I searched Harbor Freight. Can you steer me in the right direction for the correct LP fittings between this stove and the connector already on the RVQ line? I know nothing about this.

We have a table that we had put on the RVQ rack on our PU that we intend to bring forward to our new rig. Looks like RVQ rack has changed and we may need to modify our table a bit, but won't know until our unit arrives.
47 Nights
20 Sites
6655 Miles
Old 05-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #92
William

Quote:
Thank you. That is the one I found when I searched Harbor Freight. Can you steer me in the right direction for the correct LP fittings between this stove and the connector already on the RVQ line? I know nothing about this.

We have a table that we had put on the RVQ rack on our PU that we intend to bring forward to our new rig. Looks like RVQ rack has changed and we may need to modify our table a bit, but won't know until our unit arrives.
My camper is at the dealer for some minor repairs right now with the stove and hoses. I'd suggest you take the stove to your local hardware store that carries LP/butane supplies and fittings and I'm sure they can build you a hose just for that stove and the quick disconnect.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #93

More specifically now, hubby thinks we should be able to hook our existing Coleman propane stove (small green canister connector) to the RVQ gas line. Does anyone know if there is an adapter that we can do this? Thanks for your help.

52 hours until pick up of A122BH (but who's counting...)
47 Nights
20 Sites
6655 Miles
Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #94

Don't Coleman stoves need high regulated pressure to operate at full output? The trailer LP system only supplies low regulated pressure.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #95

Quote:
More specifically now, hubby thinks we should be able to hook our existing Coleman propane stove (small green canister connector) to the RVQ gas line. Does anyone know if there is an adapter that we can do this? Thanks for your help.

52 hours until pick up of A122BH (but who's counting...)

Carla,

Have a great time with your A Frame. We have most thoroughly enjoyed ours!

It may be possible if you have the correct type of stove. One that will work with both low or high pressure.

Its my understanding that the regulated pressure from our larger tanks is provides too low a pressure to be useful on most propane campstoves.

As far as I can tell, my stove will not work (Coleman 2 burner) without extensive mods. (My stove): Amazon.com: Coleman Two-Burner Propane Stove: Sports & Outdoors

Note: I haven't validated this since I don't carry the stove on our trips as much as I used to. In the future, if I do, I will probably opt for the Harbor Freight refill adapter or continue to buy a tank or two every so often.

Most of our outdoor cooking is done with charcoal for grilling and Dutch oven cooking. We do use the RVQ (Side Grill) a lot (We even reheated some left over pizza in it last weekend.).

A comment about the RVQ fittings. They're not real easy to find. Our local LP gas company said that they could get them but it may take a while?? I think that I found them at Camping World. They were $$$!

If you successfully make the mods to the stove, post the how-to here! Again, have fun with your new camper!
DGrissom is offline   Reply With Quote