Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2022, 08:39 PM   #1

Cool cat

Cool Cat MFG# 441003A701 So I replaced the thermostat now it turns on and off but it runs hot on AC when hook up to shore power. Here is the catch when I plug it into my generator the compressor turns on and it blows cold. Any thoughts? Thanks Don.
dmchaven2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:47 PM   #2

Cool Cat

Okay so after going back and fourth from generator to shore electric, after the new thermostat at first it would only blow cold on the generator and hot on the shore. Now after about 5 attempts it started blowing cold on both. Only answer I have is it was having an adjustment period to the new thermostat?
dmchaven2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmchaven2004 View Post
Okay so after going back and fourth from generator to shore electric, after the new thermostat at first it would only blow cold on the generator and hot on the shore. Now after about 5 attempts it started blowing cold on both. Only answer I have is it was having an adjustment period to the new thermostat?
I'm suspecting you need to reset the thermostat. On the older Dometic thermostats, the reset was pushing both the up and down arrows at the same time. This also allows access to some settings - like going down to 1 deg swings instead of 2 deg swings (you don't want to do that). My selling dealer said to reset the thermostat at the beginning of every trip. I don't do that, but that is my go to if heater/Cool Cat aren't working right. Also, unsaid by Dometic is that having the fan in any mode except "Au" (auto) will yield unpredictable results. Found that one the hard way, and considerable reading.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2022 Hyundai Palisade
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat