Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #1

Discussions I had at FROG with Factory Reps

I was at FROG 3-9 Aug 14. First I was one of three A frames and one Canvass Pop up. Felt like a Tadpole in a pond of sharks and bull frogs. But had a chance to talk with several factory Muckity Mucks. With my limited experience with my Classic. I came up and talked about two things that the A Frame should have.

My first was a half screen door for the upper half door. Drives me absolutely crazy I have a dutch door and I can't lock it open with a screen door. A Frames as far as I can tell are the only campers that don't have built in screen doors.

My other wish idea I pushed for was a larger storage door for the rear storage area Ala the JAYCO. I hate having to move stuff out from that area by moving my bunk to get to the larger items that won't come out of the the rear storage door.

One rumor, maybe a new addition I kept hearing about was a self rising A frame pop up. Same A Frame with some sort of a lifting mechs.

BTW if you get a chance to go to FROG in Goshen, go. The factory tours and seminars are worth the time and effort. If you have something wrong with your unit, it is also worth the trip. The guys there are experts in fixing the products they build.

Just my two cents.
Its Cute but......
Total (2104-2017) 319 2018 (59)
dts3204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3204 View Post
.......One rumor, maybe a new addition I kept hearing about was a self rising A frame pop up. Same A Frame with some sort of a lifting mechs........
Being a single camper--I would just LOVE the self rising addition. Wonder if it would be able to be added later at a dealership? I'd gladly buy the option. I just ordered A194HW which won't be here until Sept.-Oct.

I've got ants in my pants waiting for my a-frame to be delivered--you didn't hear anything about any product delays did you?
brewjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #3

Only problem I head and I don't know if it effects the A Frames they can't get enough drivers to haul the Units out fast enough. So there has been a shipping delay. About 6 weeks but like I said I don't know about the A Frames.

I think I would go for the self rising one also. Being a single camper, which was another reason I was an odd ball at the Rally.
Its Cute but......
Old 08-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #4

BTW I do know how to spell Factory, Moderator could you please correct the title.
Its Cute but......
Old 08-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #5

the rumor that you maybe hearing about the auto lift system maybe because the patents have run out on the Chalets auto lift system ... a nice to have .. but on the Chalet it looks really .. well ....like a nice to have ..

my only issues with these units are the bubble window/s...im actually thinking of taking my unit to an autoglass place to see what they can do ...this problem has been a bug in my underwear for the last 2 years.

http://www.chaletrv.com/folding-trailers/

d-mo
Old 08-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
......my only issues with these units are the bubble window/s...im actually thinking of taking my unit to an autoglass place to see what they can do ...this problem has been a bug in my underwear for the last 2 years.
I've heard a LOT of complaints about the bubble windows. I've heard there IS a glass that is as lightweight as FR's windows, but pretty expensive to replace. Could you please write a post letting us know how you make out with the autoglass place? Thanks in advance.
brewjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #7

I read someone was replacing them with a tinted lexan window

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Its Cute but......

Tags
frog, factory