Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #1

Do you cover your A-Frame? If so, need recs?

This will be my second winter with the A122. Never got around to covering it last winter, here in the Chicago area. I was wondering if others cover their camper. If so, what cover do you recommend? Any links will be appreciated since I will buy it online.

As an aside, just got back from a few gorgeous days of fall camping at Indiana Dunes State Park. The A122 attracted a lot of attention. People were amazed at the speedy and simple set up. One women next to me joked she was disappointed how simply it set up. She always enjoyed watching popup campers curse and holler as they tugged open this part and cranked up the other. I was set up in five minutes. She didn't even have time to top off her coffee!
Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #2

I've had my unit for a few months and will be using a ADCO cover for the winter months. My dealer threw in the cover with my unit but think it was a little over a hundred bucks.
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #3

Do you remember what size it was?
Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #4

Last year I use 2 layers of tarps, thick inside and a light green tarp to cover the rig. Less than $40 dollar solution. No scratches and the tarps survived the sharp corners too. I'll use this cover again this winter. Check out the link in how I cover my rig last year post #132 Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4109075895.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	40950 http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-27602-14.html

I'm winterizing my rig this weekend and I'll update my thread of this job.

Happy Winterizing!
ko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #5

12-14 ft size since I have the a122bh model
Old 10-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #6

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsu View Post
This will be my second winter with the A122. Never got around to covering it last winter, here in the Chicago area. I was wondering if others cover their camper. If so, what cover do you recommend? Any links will be appreciated since I will buy it online.

As an aside, just got back from a few gorgeous days of fall camping at Indiana Dunes State Park. The A122 attracted a lot of attention. People were amazed at the speedy and simple set up. One women next to me joked she was disappointed how simply it set up. She always enjoyed watching popup campers curse and holler as they tugged open this part and cranked up the other. I was set up in five minutes. She didn't even have time to top off her coffee!
I have the Flagstaff equivilent of a A122BH. Hamguy helped us winterize and we installed a waterpump bypass.Used only about a half gallon of Rv antifreeze. We covered our tires with Adco 24 inch Tyre guards. We covered our sleepy teepee from rear bumper to butane tanks with a Carver 14-16 foot popup cover. It fits very nicely. We secured the front with a few bungee cords so front wouldn't flap in the wind. The Carver is a quality cloth goretex like cover. It is expensive ($200) but has a five year warranty. Factory 2nds are available for half price but w/o a warranty.
silver.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver.smith View Post
I have the Flagstaff equivilent of a A122BH. Hamguy helped us winterize and we installed a waterpump bypass.Used only about a half gallon of Rv antifreeze. We covered our tires with Adco 24 inch Tyre guards. We covered our sleepy teepee from rear bumper to butane tanks with a Carver 14-16 foot popup cover. It fits very nicely. We secured the front with a few bungee cords so front wouldn't flap in the wind. The Carver is a quality cloth goretex like cover. It is expensive ($200) but has a five year warranty. Factory 2nds are available for half price but w/o a warranty.
PS- we purchased our coverings from rvcovers direct in North Carolina. Very personable people and fast service, too. They also carry Adco covers. Rvcoversdirect.com.
silver.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #8

Covered my Aframe yesterday with an ADCO cover. Wasn't able to cover the entire bike hauler bump out though on my a122bh even the cover was 14ft long.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #9

I haven't put a cover on mine yet. Mostly because I still enjoy setting it up and inspecting the inside for an hour or so in the afternoon. In other words, the cover would get in the way of napping.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-frame, cover, frame