Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2021, 06:00 PM   #1

Does Anyone Have Pics of the New Rockwood A213HWOR?

I've been shopping for A-frame campers that will my fit my family for some time now. I saw the Rockwood A213HWOR on their website and from what I can tell it's just like the HW but no toilet, larger front bed, and it's got an off-road package (hence the "OR"). Rockwood shows the 360 view inside but not the outside. Has anyone actually seen one of these? If so could you please post a pic?

The floor plan is perfect for what I'm looking for and I'm very tempted to put down a deposit.

Thanks in advance!
Sculpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:27 PM   #2

This dealer shows a few pictures. https://www.countrycamper.com/produc...hwor-1414972-7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F427B7FA-738B-459C-989C-8B5A94A430C8.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	250866   Click image for larger version

Name:	8434A101-06A6-4059-A21C-F79CEBEBC401.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	250867  
sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpin View Post
… I saw the Rockwood A213HWOR on their website … and it's got an off-road package …
What is an off-road package in a popup?

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
What is an off-road package in a popup?
Off Road pkg isn't much, larger wheels and tires, usually 15 inch, and maybe a 2 inch lift, and two steps instead of one. It is no more capable to do some real off-roading than the regular units except for a little more ground clearance
sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer330 View Post
Off Road pkg isn't much, larger wheels and tires, usually 15 inch, and maybe a 2 inch lift, and two steps instead of one. It is no more capable to do some real off-roading than the regular units except for a little more ground clearance
That's my understanding as well but since I boondock in the backcountry I welcome as much ground clearance as I can get.

As for those pictures, I think those are just place-holder images from the current A213HW. If you look at the A213HW (non "OR") on the same website they are exactly the same with the exception of the floor plan.

https://www.countrycamper.com/produc...13hw-1414971-7
Old 04-13-2021, 10:49 AM   #6

Quote:
I've been shopping for A-frame campers that will my fit my family for some time now. I saw the Rockwood A213HWOR on their website and from what I can tell it's just like the HW but no toilet, larger front bed, and it's got an off-road package (hence the "OR"). Rockwood shows the 360 view inside but not the outside. Has anyone actually seen one of these? If so could you please post a pic?

The floor plan is perfect for what I'm looking for and I'm very tempted to put down a deposit.

Thanks in advance!
That is the one I have in mind as well, but having trouble finding them locally.
Murph60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:05 AM   #7

I was told that they are in construction right now. Things have slowed down a little due to supply chain issues but they're making what they can.
This is through my local dealer via their rockwood rep.

I went ahead and put money down so I could get one asap. My dealer said that it would arrive no later than the end of May. I'm not holding my breath but as long as I get it before Mid-July I should be all set for a decent family vacation we're planning.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:29 AM   #8

Mine came in last week. Can't pick it up until 5/3 because the dealer is too busy. Ordered it in November. And yes, they didn't start making them until April. Just spoke with my dealer a few minutes ago and he said they are temporarily (hopefully) discontinuing production on this model along with a few others and half the popups. They said it is due to lack of parts which is setting them back and they need to streamline production.
icon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
Mine came in last week. Can't pick it up until 5/3 because the dealer is too busy. Ordered it in November. And yes, they didn't start making them until April. Just spoke with my dealer a few minutes ago and he said they are temporarily (hopefully) discontinuing production on this model along with a few others and half the popups. They said it is due to lack of parts which is setting them back and they need to streamline production.
Well, that could suck! I wonder if I got my order in under the wire. I placed it on March 25th. We were very much looking forward to going camping with it this season.

Hey and when you get it in, do you mind snapping a few shots of it for me?
Old 04-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #10

Good luck to you. Hopefully they will fulfil all outstanding orders. Maybe check -in with your dealer. Our dealer is a high volume pop-up/A-frame (especially A Frame) dealer so I believe what he tells me.

What pictures are you specifically looking for? It's almost identical to the A213HW minus the potty, slightly bigger dinette and 15" tires.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Good luck to you. Hopefully they will fulfil all outstanding orders. Maybe check -in with your dealer. Our dealer is a high volume pop-up/A-frame (especially A Frame) dealer so I believe what he tells me.

What pictures are you specifically looking for? It's almost identical to the A213HW minus the potty, slightly bigger dinette and 15" tires.
So I spoke with my dealer and they said (after speaking with Rockwood) that they are indeed running into production problems and have pivoted to building out other campers but they'll resume production for this model in mid-July.

I imagine I'll likely not see my A213HWOR until sometime in August... if I'm lucky.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:53 PM   #12

Just bought a A122S. It was on the lot and after looking at the A213HW, believe it or not it was more than we needed. The A122S should work perfect.

Good luck on your delivery.
Murph60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:56 AM   #13

Well, my wife took some pictures but I didn't get them from her, was a little sad by the end of the weekend. The camper was stored in the garage since last Monday due to too much rain. So we got it out this past Saturday and worked on it all day. Sunday was going to be a rainy day, so we closed it up and left it in the driveway. Opened it up about 8pm that night after the rain passed and water was in it. As the roof raised, i watched water pour out from the inside bottom of the skylight. We are supposed to go camping this Thursday. So I took it to the dealer which is great and he's going to try to do a few things so we can go camping this weekend. Unfortunately, we noticed a few other things. The rear passenger side makes a clicking noise when the roof it being raised (by the hinge), there is too much of a gap on the passenger side roof when extended, it is way too hard to get the side walls latched, along with the water coming in from the skylight. Well, I guess I should have expected this. I did get the bike rack installed though so that's cool.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rack1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	416.5 KB
ID:	254204   Click image for larger version

Name:	rack2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	398.0 KB
ID:	254205  
Old 05-11-2021, 11:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Well, my wife took some pictures but I didn't get them from her, was a little sad by the end of the weekend. The camper was stored in the garage since last Monday due to too much rain. So we got it out this past Saturday and worked on it all day. Sunday was going to be a rainy day, so we closed it up and left it in the driveway. Opened it up about 8pm that night after the rain passed and water was in it. As the roof raised, i watched water pour out from the inside bottom of the skylight. We are supposed to go camping this Thursday. So I took it to the dealer which is great and he's going to try to do a few things so we can go camping this weekend. Unfortunately, we noticed a few other things. The rear passenger side makes a clicking noise when the roof it being raised (by the hinge), there is too much of a gap on the passenger side roof when extended, it is way too hard to get the side walls latched, along with the water coming in from the skylight. Well, I guess I should have expected this. I did get the bike rack installed though so that's cool.
Dude, no way! What a heartbreaker! I've read about the skylights leaking after a few years when the seal cracks but that one is brand new. It sounds like your dealer is going to get you taken care of though and that's great. At least you're getting these issues handled now rather than later I suppose but I would expect a better fit and finish from a brand new camper. I'll make sure I keep an eye out for these issues when my A-frame finally arrives.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:55 AM   #15

Thanks and yeah it definitely sucks. I'm not sure that the water came from the skylight. I wished I would have paid more attention while we were opening it. I think the water could have went in from the end of the roof, traveled inside the roof and out of the skylight. I also was amazed at how much water collected on the roof. Didn't realize it until we started raising it and seeing a ton of water coming off the back and the sides. I know we let some of that water in ourselves doing so, I just don't know how much. The whole thing is kind of confusing and a blur on how it happened. I guess in the future, we will have to be more attentive and careful.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:55 AM   #16

Quote:
Thanks and yeah it definitely sucks. I'm not sure that the water came from the skylight. I wished I would have paid more attention while we were opening it. I think the water could have went in from the end of the roof, traveled inside the roof and out of the skylight. I also was amazed at how much water collected on the roof. Didn't realize it until we started raising it and seeing a ton of water coming off the back and the sides. I know we let some of that water in ourselves doing so, I just don't know how much. The whole thing is kind of confusing and a blur on how it happened. I guess in the future, we will have to be more attentive and careful.
I just had a thought (and I'm not sure if this is a dumb one). I would imagine that if you had to leave your camper out and closed up in the rain you could raise or lower the tongue jack so that the camper is at an angle, which would help it shed water I assume.

In any regard thank you for sharing and we'll be sure to check these things out when we do our walk-through on the camper.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #17

That's a good idea and I would surely do that in the future although I shouldn't have to. Most likely, I'll just put it back in the garage. The dealer is convinced that the leak from the skylight was improper caulking on the outside of it and did a quick "touch up job" for now and do a more permanent job when it comes back. They will also check all the other caulk on the roof. That's the only thing they got to in the short period of time that me and the head "fixer" had.

It's just sad that the dealer knows the skylight and caulking is an issue with these, I just wish they would spend more time during prep to check it out. Maybe they get more money when you have to work on it under warranty.

They didn't make me feel real good about the clicking noise we hear in the back. They said they would have to contact FR and see what they think about it. The dealer already told me they wouldn't mess with it if it comes to it. They have never did it and knows there is a significant amount of tension in there. The only good news is that I live about 2 hours from FR.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:47 AM   #18

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
To finally answer your question, here you go... I'll start a new thread to gripe about my camper. Hope you get and enjoy yours. Sorry to hijack your thread.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2191.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	254824   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2187.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	254825   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2190.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	254826   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2188.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	382.0 KB
ID:	254827   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2189.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	254828  

Old 05-18-2021, 05:42 PM   #19

Quote:
To finally answer your question, here you go... I'll start a new thread to gripe about my camper. Hope you get and enjoy yours. Sorry to hijack your thread.
Nice and Thank you!!! If it's not too much trouble can you grab a few more shots from the outside too maybe?
Old 07-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Hey, would you mind sharing where (or a link) you got your bike racks from? Or did you get those at the dealership? Thanks!

Tags
rockwood