Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2017, 05:24 PM   #1

First trip 2017 Rockwood A214AW

We picked up our new trailer in early May and took it out for a test camping trip close to home. We learned several things about how the appliances and the trailer actually worked.

We were very impressed with many aspects including the water pressure from the pump, the temperature of the hot water, the size of the fridge, the furnace, and the heated mattress.

We brought a five drawer plastic unit from Walmathat sits on the top of the microwave cabinet. With drawer unit we have a lot of storage space.

One thing I didn't like was the wall bracket used with the table. My wife has a bad knee and uses the table to help her stand up. The screws hold the bracket to the wall started pulling out. It is a very weak system. I am going to make a bracket similar to the outside BBQ table.

Our unit has a shower/toilet cabinet. The screws holding the cabinet wall hinge are pulling out on the left side. The right side appears to be holding.

Disconcerting as this is only our first trip.
Maramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #2

I have a brand new A213hw 4 days old and never used and the screws on the potty are also pulling out. Terrible quality control if you ask me. You expect screws in particle board to eventually fail, but not so soon!!
lcangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:56 PM   #3

We also have a brand new A214HW and the table bracket screws pulled out on the first trip the day we picked it up. The next day at home I used plastic hollow wall anchors and reused the same screws. Seems to be holding up well but we are going out again this weekend. We shall see!
Old 08-31-2017, 01:46 PM   #4

We also had screws pulling out of the table bracket. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it. They said it was a common problem.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:34 PM   #5

The hollow wall anchor fix seems to be working just fine. The wall bracket has not come loose again.

Tags
rockwood