Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #1

Found a way to use the grill

RVQ grill makes a great stove top. We don't ever use it as a grill, way too difficult to clean. We always use the cast iron skillet. Nice even cooking and easy clean up. Nothing sticks and plenty hot enough to fry fish, burgers, eggs, you name it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
steve02bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:38 AM   #2

Whens dinner? lol
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve02bat View Post
RVQ grill makes a great stove top. We don't ever use it as a grill, way too difficult to clean. We always use the cast iron skillet. Nice even cooking and easy clean up. Nothing sticks and plenty hot enough to fry fish, burgers, eggs, you name it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I cook on the grill at least 2 times a week at home. Clean it once a year. I wire brush it after cooking while it is hot and wire brush it while hot before cooking. Same with the camping grill.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #4

There are several things that would be better to cook outside. I'm just too darn lazy to set up the outside grill.

How long would you guess that it takes you to get it out and then put away? Start to finish.
The Tipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
Professional Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tipper View Post
There are several things that would be better to cook outside. I'm just too darn lazy to set up the outside grill.

How long would you guess that it takes you to get it out and then put away? Start to finish.
Too long!

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:26 PM   #6

My grill and two burner outside stove are just part of setup and take down so time is never an issue.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:09 PM   #7
Bene Gesserit Rule

We use a Webber Q, best BBQ in the world. Cooks everything from steaks to roasts. I use a heavy steel plate (from an obsolete BBQ) over the bars most of the time. We always cook with the lid closed 'cause it works best.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #8

I do not keep my RVQ attached to the TT. If I am going to use it, I have an extension hose that allows me to set it up on a picnic table. That way, it vents better and does not grease up the awning or the sides of the TT. I can also keep the awning open while using it on a picnic table that is set at the edge of the over hang of the awning. Cast Iron cooking is the best!!! (as long as it is properly cured!!). Great heat dispersion!!! The folding support for the RVQ works great on a picnic table. Nice and steady. As an added... I have seen campers that have adapted the RVQ to use small bottles of propane... or "daisy chained" them so that they could use multiple grills / stoves.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote