Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #1

Fr slow on replacement windows?

I bought a FR 122 this summer and have loved it. The only warranty issue I have experienced is leakage if the front picture window. The unit has been at the dealers for 3 months now, waiting for a replacement window. The dealer has been nice and called to let me know that FR told them they are switching suppliers for this item and it continues to be back ordered. No idea when it might be available.

Can anyone else confirm that this is the case?

Thanks for the help.
Tony
Tony w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #2

Parts delivered slow to the dealer from FR, confirmed!

There are several post here on this topic, so you and your dealer are not alone.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #3

I had a wait to get a replacement on the seal at the apex of the camper. Fortunately mine was at home so I could still use it while waiting. Sorry to here your's is stuck at the dealer but it is good that they are keeping you informed.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #4

Since I am done camping for the season, so the timing is ok. Still would rather have it tucked away in my own yard for the winter.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #5

I had to replace an escape window on my TT back in Nov. 2011, daughter bumped it open and we lost it somewhere between Atlanta and Fort Wilderness! That added $300 to that trip and it took a month for the dealer to get it, when they did it was the wrong one. Dealer reordered and got in just under 3 weeks!

So yes it takes a while to get some parts!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #6

yep .. FR has always had issues with warrenty replacements. it took me around a month for my rear window to be fixed with 3M extreme ... but the dealer did a good job at cleaning it up and applying the tape ...
to add insult to injury tho ... we had a branch from our tree fall on our camper and break the back window so now the whole thing has to be replaced. Luckily the roof itself was not damaged .. but i have a 12 inch crack right across the back window.
As this is an insurance job and we are in the middle of winter up here in Ontario ... we are in the process of ordering parts and ensuring the window and tape will be here by early spring ... im keeping my fingers crossed ..

d-mo
Old 12-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #7

D-mo,
That is adding insult to injury. I hope they will have these windows available by then.
Tony

Tags
replacement