Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #1

Fresh water intake fixture is crooked

I hooked up city water today, works fine, but the city water connection outside is seated crooked. Actually it has been like this since new, but I didn't question it, oops. It turns reluctantly to attach the hose, but when jiggled, it spews water around it, and drips while in service. Has anyone tried to unscrew the fitting to fix this problem?
I need it next month, so don't want to take a chance I won't be able to get it back together.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:26 PM   #2

Mine is slightly crooked, but doesn't leak. I haven't done anything about it, except rig a 90 degree angle directly out of the connection so that the water hose puts less stress on the fitting.

I should probably add a backing plate (plywood) on the inside to better secure and straighten the connection.

One of these days.....

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122
2008 Hyundai Entourage (minivan)
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #3

Mine did that, I took it apart and resealed it to the camper and started using a 90 degree to keep the strain off the side of the camper. I recently got a new city water and freshwater tank filler combo door that has the city water inlet angled at 45 degrees, it's much better made than the other filler I had.

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
sself1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #4

Fred W 2014 Rockwood A122
How does your mini van tow on steep hills? I am going thru Virginia next month and very anxious about the mountains there>
Old 09-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #5

Guess since I have no luck today clearing out debris from water pump, I will pull this water connection, see if I can improve as you did, thanks.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobeFanatic View Post
Fred W 2014 Rockwood A122
How does your mini van tow on steep hills? I am going thru Virginia next month and very anxious about the mountains there>
I live in Colorado, so mountains are a part of life.

We've been over 10,000 ft passes without issues. The Entourage has a 3.5L V-6 rated at 250 HP with a 5 speed tranny. Of course, we don't get near that much power at altitude. But there is sufficient reserve to keep the speed limits (60-65 MPH) where the curves permit - usually in 4th gear, occasionally in 3rd when at higher altitudes.

On downgrades, I do downshift to 3rd to control speed, and will go down to 2nd where speeds need to be under 40 MPH.

The Hyundai comes standard with a large transmission cooler. And I change the fluid every 30K miles since getting the camper (manufacturer recommendation when towing).

We also installed an Equalizer E2 600/6000 WDH and anti-sway hitch, which makes a world of difference in handling while towing. The WDH restores the minivan ride to very close to stock while towing. The rig is rock solid in 30 MPH + cross-winds on the Interstate at 75 MPH (tested). I normally tow on interstate at 65-70 MPH. Tire pressures are checked before every trip, and I have considerable reserve with stock tires at actual towing weight.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122
2008 Hyundai Entourage
Colorado Springs, CO (home elevation is 6,800 ft)
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #7

Mine was not loose or crooked on this one but both of my previous units gave problems. So on this time I looked around and found a plastic 90 degree quick connect and put on the 5ther and use a rubber cap to seal the male open end. The hose has the female end so you do not wear out the threaded end on the unit. It works great quick to connect and dissconect
cotton65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, roo, water