Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #1

Happy Camper NOT

Ok, I love my A122S that I purchased January 2013......BUT......last fall I arrived in October to a campsite with a shattered window above the sink...glass everywhere what a mess...and the seal on the roof failed...Both were repaired before winter...Picked up camper and took to "inside storage" for the winter. Camped in April and May of this year. At my May outing noticed the new seal on the roof was coming unglued. Took in for repair on Monday and they called yesterday to say it was done...but the tech guy noticed there were cracks in my back bubble window..in the corners and all across the bottom of the window...Today I find out warranty is denied ... what a shock ... called Forest River to talk to them about this and got an answering machine...so I am sitting here waiting for a call back. As I said...NOT a happy camper....
onaqwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #2

Somebody from warranty called me back...have to talk to someone else...waiting for a call...just went and picked up my unit from the local dealer (not where I purchased the unit) to put in a garage...raining like crazy here..they couldn't tarp it for me because they didn't have one and couldn't put it inside their shop which I understand because they are working on other units. Glad I went to get it...the bed is soaked along with all the bedding on top of the bed..would have been much worse if I left it because it is suppose to rain all day here...feeling pretty frustrated today...
Old 06-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #3

Ouch. Than is a pain. Keep us informed on what FR says and good luck.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Do you have the second year warranty?

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #5

I opted out of the second year warranty unfortunately....I figured since it was brand new what were the odds...although it looks like the odds were against me...and again I just love the ease and comfort of the unit...
Old 06-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm not trying to get up in your grills but why would you expect it to be under warranty then?

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #7

I had camper up over the weekend doing bedding etc...no sign of any cracks and the camper was dry...even had the blinds up and down...had the seal on roof replaced on Monday...possibly a chance someone might leaned on the window as the seal was replaced...I don't know but could there be a chance ??? I camped three weeks ago and it poured down rain and no cracks in window and no water came in...and when I opened the camper on Sunday nothing was wet and we have had rain in the past three weeks. I guess I am hoping for a little help 4 months out of warranty for good faith...all you can do is ask...if they don't fix it I will have to have it fixed....I think the biggest problem I have is the rain pouring in today and they couldn't stick a tarp over it or use some duct tape???
Old 06-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #8

Well if the person was 7 ft 11 inches and leaned on the window .. maybe .. but these bubble windows are pretty tuff ... it took a tree limb to crack mine ..and it was a pretty huge piece of tree. It cracked right down the middle .. it was replace under my insurance for an a major price of 2300 bucks.
Any fractures on the edges of the window are stress fractures .. but i have never seen that.
I have had my trailer in to the dealer about 4 times to deal with leaking issues from the roof window ... all covered by my original warranty. First it wasnt done properly .. 2nd time they used some sort of wierded out self leveling sealant .. and third they did it properly with 3m extreme sealing tape .. an excellent job.
But 5 days later .. the limb fell from the tree .. and it all had to done over again ..
So .. look for the leak at the sink side of the back window .. by taking the inner blind liner off ... and setting a hose to just above the window .. crawling in and having a look for drips ...
it is fixable ... and really not a problem ... but do get it fixed ..

d-mo
Old 06-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #9

Before I left for work this afternoon I talked with the warranty guy at FR. I told him about all the issues I have had with the camper and the problems I have experienced while trying to get them fixed. (Last year when I took the camper for measurements for the broken window above the sink, three weeks later no word. When I followed up they never ordered the window and lost the measurements and I had to have it remeasured and reordered) He said based on the pictures he received there was no reason why the dealership could not have duct taped the cracks yesterday to avoid the water all over the bed with the issue of the back window having cracks that I did not know about. He asked if I could get the unit to the manufacturer in Millersburg, IN which I can...I am 2 1/2 hours away. He said he would take care of the window. So Friday I took off work and will be heading to the manufacturer. Again, I love my unit, being a single lady can handle it by myself and am thankful that FR will help me with this problem. I guess sometimes it is worth a few phone calls.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by onaqwest View Post
Before I left for work this afternoon I talked with the warranty guy at FR. I told him about all the issues I have had with the camper and the problems I have experienced while trying to get them fixed. (Last year when I took the camper for measurements for the broken window above the sink, three weeks later no word. When I followed up they never ordered the window and lost the measurements and I had to have it remeasured and reordered) He said based on the pictures he received there was no reason why the dealership could not have duct taped the cracks yesterday to avoid the water all over the bed with the issue of the back window having cracks that I did not know about. He asked if I could get the unit to the manufacturer in Millersburg, IN which I can...I am 2 1/2 hours away. He said he would take care of the window. So Friday I took off work and will be heading to the manufacturer. Again, I love my unit, being a single lady can handle it by myself and am thankful that FR will help me with this problem. I guess sometimes it is worth a few phone calls.

Being a solo female RVer myself I can relate! I'm glad to hear that FR is helping you with this problem. I'm lucky that my service department takes excellent care of me with my trailer. That's alone gives me peace of mind.

Please do keep us updated. I hope things work out and you can be a happy camper again.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #11

Update...took my camper to Millersburg IN on Friday. The gentlemen who took care of fixing my unit was so nice. He informed me that not only was the new seal that was replaced last Monday put on wrong at the dealership...but my back wall with the large bubble window appeared to either have had a defect since the beginning or someone had stood or sat on it. He explained the back wall is suppose to have a slight bow to it and that my back wall did not have that bow. They actually replaced the entire back wall unit. He said the extended warranty would not have covered the window...and because the back wall was damaged I would have had all kinds of problems with the back window. I thank you sir for your help...

Tags
camper