Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #21

I am very interested in getting an A Frame. I have been camping for 15 years at my hunting camp. No built in shower or bathroom. I have used a cheep pull up plastic shower with a plastic water tank that is pulled up high and the sun heats the water. We also have a porta-potty that no one uses because of the rule "if you use it you clean it". When I get an A Frame the same rules would be the "LAW". When you are camping in the outback the men don't have a problem "going". Woman on the other hand will have to get used to the grass tickling them or obay the "LAW".
gt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #22

gt40 - I understand. The porti -potty clean up was not on my list of favorite things to want to do...its enough to dog doo pickup. For this reason, I went with the dry potty system. Clean up is easy, odorless, splashfree and definitely not back breaking. It sure is nice for us ladies to be able to relieve oneself a few steps away rather than trudge to the shower room or hover above the ground in the dark when boondocking. A dry system is awesome & I am surprised that not it is not more popular amongst the pop up people.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #23

Thanks for letting me know about the dry system. I did't know about them. Do you have a link to them so I can investigate.
gt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:02 AM   #24

Used our A122BH for the first time this weekend. It comes with a storable porta potti. We used a bag liner with the powder in it, and it worked great, no clean up. Also used the pee wee bag and it also worked great. Wonder how environmental safe it is?
Jsusluvsyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsusluvsyou View Post
Also used the pee wee bag and it also worked great.
That is a good recommendation. I use what I call my "pecan" when tent camping, but am always concerned about an unpleasant spill inside the tent. Plus it would be nice to drop them in the trash instead of walking to the bath house.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #26

jsusluvsyou - Some people make their own dry bags using kitty litter and other material. If one were to google dry potty systems, they'd find several articles, pointers and advice on the topic.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote