Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2021, 07:23 AM   #1

how to create a DIY manual roof lift for your A-frame trailer

Hi. I'm a 70 y old 5'3 lady who has considerable difficulty lifting the A-frame roof. This did not pose a problem until recently, when my husband dislocated his shoulder along with a fracture. I came across this great YouTube video which provides an easy method that is inexpensive to build. I'm sharing it here in case others like me need this type of assistance. I've attached a composite picture that shows some of the steps & finished product in use. Note that this gentleman also uses a water jug weight at one end of the pole to provide further assistance, which may or may not be necessary for you to utilize. The parts are a plastic cutting board sawed into 3 pieces, some screws and bolts & a 2x4.

how to create a DIY manual roof lift for your A-frame trailer https://youtu.be/ie-wkKsMDIc

Here is a link to an earlier forum on the same topic that has some other alternative solutions for your consideration. Photo or Info of What Pole to Manually Lift A-Frame Roof? - Forest River Forums
https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f221/photo-or-info-of-what-pole-to-manually-lift-a-frame-roof-142614.html
Sent from MailDroid
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DIY.png
Views:	178
Size:	753.7 KB
ID:	250988  
Judy-Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:00 AM   #2

Thank you for sharing. This will be great information.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:08 AM   #3

Yes, I saw that video. Slim is always thinking of ways to make things easier. I am surprised that one of the manufacturer's hasn't come up with an electric motor system.
PhilFromMaine is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-frame, frame, lift, manual, ram, roo, roof, trailer