how we repaired the Roof strut attachments on Aframe. New 2019 T12RBTHSE
Our trailer was purchased new a week ago, but we were dismayed to notice that the roof assist struts were coming loose outside where they attached to the base wall. While this could have been repaired under warranty, The only repair places available could not schedule us for three or four months. So after talking to Flagstaff customer support, we undertook the repairs ourselves.
I'm explaining how we did the repair in case it is helpful to anyone who has a similar problem. We removed the struts cylinders, then unscrewed the exterior base plates. We bought a 4x4 metal plate meant for electrical, and use the exterior strut plate as a template to drill holes in the metal plate. We put the two metal plates inside and drilled through the wall using the original outside plates. Then we bolted it all together with acorn nuts on the inside to avoid anyone scratching themselves. We considered painting the plate and may do so in the future. however since one plate is hidden by the mattress and the other is behind the dining cushions, it isn't a high priority. Now our struts are well connected to the camper and we should not have further issues with them pulling out. Flagstaff had suggested using a 4-in square of 1/4-in plywood inside as the back plate, but we thought the thinner sturdier metal plate would be more attractive and less likely to catch on things.