Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
Itching to go . . .

Leak at front locker

We've had some pretty strong rains in North Texas this week. Our aframe has been set up in the driveway for some mods and maintenance. Twice I have found water in the front storage locker that has spread on the floor to the dinette.
My theory is that the rain is running off the front roof panel and overwhelming the gasket on the storage locker lid.
Have any other Aframe owners had trouble with water leaking into the storage locker? How did you solve the problem?
Thanks for your help!
Old 05-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #2

I had the same issue on my 2011 A122S and found out that by dropping the front end a little, it caused water not to "pool" around the lid opening and to run off.
This worked most of the time except when there was a hard rain with a lot of water. Was also thinking at the time to try and use some weatherstripping with a sticky side and attach it to the lid gasket but just never got around to it.
If the A Frame is still under warranty, let the dealer repair it if that is an option. Good Luck.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:33 PM   #3

We had water leaking in the front storage aria wen towing in heavy rains. I put weather stripping on the opening of the storage aria so the lid closes on to it. I got a truck tailgate weather stripping kit it worked great
Dsfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, lock