Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2017, 10:24 AM   #1

Leak outside on a212hw - anyone have this issue?

Just got my 2018 A212Hw. Had it for 2 wks so far and noticed moisture outside on bottom of left wheelwell on side of sink & ac (1st noticed watermark on ground where it evaporated). Called dealer & they said its probably from condensation from a/c but i only tested a/c during walkthru and & I wouldn't think there would still be moisture there since it would have evaporated over 2 wks.

I opened back panel of cabinet next to microwave where hoses are. There was water on bottom near microwave under sink. Couldnt find any wet hoses anywhere for possible leak so I filled tank, dried all moisture, and charged the faucet up to let water run. No apparent leaks.
When I removed faucet stem to break camper down, water flooded out a bit after I relieved all pressure so I stopped that up, put a rag down as far as I could go to help stop excess from coming out again after camper was secured.

This morning, everything's wet again on outside. Could this be the issue?? Water still coming out and leaking between faucet stem and faucet where it's not sealed? I'd hate to keep unscrewing the back & ultimately ruining the wood but really don't care to have mildew or flooring trim in back of cabinet warp, either.

The tech said to bring it in in a cple weeks if this. Is it normal for water to shoot out after removing stem when there is no apparent pressure??
Any help is greatly appreciated.
AZ Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #2

Did you use or test the outside shower? We did not drain it after one use and it leaked down the trailer for days. Finally relieved all the water out of the line and now make sure we do every time.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcangler View Post
Did you use or test the outside shower? We did not drain it after one use and it leaked down the trailer for days. Finally relieved all the water out of the line and now make sure we do every time.
No, havent tested the shower, yet.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #4

warranty time...it's not life threatening...but no water should be in your camper....at all.
dmo
Old 12-27-2017, 04:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
warranty time...it's not life threatening...but no water should be in your camper....at all.
dmo
My thoughts, exactly. They said it was probably related to condensation..I'm taking it out over the next cple of days & then bringing it in for a checkover.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #6

for my a122...there is never any condesation....anywhere...that means water...which of course means "" devil water".
for me....this is how I do it...if your into this stuff....

a garage is a garage...fast in...fast out...because it's paid by the job....in or out of warranty.
detail all things that have checked and leave this note for the mechanic... not to some service advisor dude or dudette.
instead of messing around with stuff...he will know exactly where to go....

dmo
Old 12-29-2017, 09:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
for my a122...there is never any condesation....anywhere...that means water...which of course means "" devil water".
for me....this is how I do it...if your into this stuff....

a garage is a garage...fast in...fast out...because it's paid by the job....in or out of warranty.
detail all things that have checked and leave this note for the mechanic... not to some service advisor dude or dudette.
instead of messing around with stuff...he will know exactly where to go....

dmo
why was this post edited?

Tags
leak