My electric actuator is now drill powered
I spent the day in my shop rebuilding the broken electric actuator so I could use a drill to raise/lower the roof. The replacement cap is brass, the shaft is stainless steel with a needle bearing under the hex and stock ball bearing on the bottom. I milled a 9/16" hex on the shaft mostly because I had an extra 9/16" swivel socket to use on the drill. I replaced the stuffing tube with a 1/4" NPS Zerk fitting.
In operation it operates a lot slower than the electric one, but there's no strain. I do have an electric actuator replacement, but I'm working on a way of making it more waterproof.