Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2016, 10:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
A good thing to keep in mind is that altho you posted on the A-Frame sub-forum, your post appears to the entire FR forums and many do not realize they are responding to an A-Frame question so you just have to sort thru the answers to see if it would apply at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM-AZ View Post
And that is why I almost always put "A-Frame" somewhere in my subject when I start a new thread. We have our own little peculiarities here .

"It's an A-Frame thing. You just wouldn't understand."

Yes, I'm learning that! It's so nice for these people to offer their suggestions, but A-frames are a special case in so many ways!

Thanks for all the great ideas!
ptchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 11:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Ptchap, here's a few photos that show a tension rod in place in my trailer. It works for the times that I have a friend bumming in with me or when spouse wants to sleep and I dont....I can draw the curtain and he can sleep while I watch a movie or read.
Handbuilder! Your pictures made the decision for me. I'm going to do that on my T21TBHW, except with two curtains - one between the dinette/bed and potty/kitchen/door and another between the potty/kitchen/door and the twin bed end. I guess I'll have three rooms in my trailer! Thanks so much for the pictures.

Also, I just love the decor in your trailer. It just looks soooo cozy!

Phillip
ptchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:46 PM   #23

I just bought this model and love it! For the dinette area privacy curtain, I hooked one end of a fabric shower curtain on the sidewall latch over the potty, and attached a short bungee to the other end of the curtain and hooked that on the opposite sidewall latch. Makes a nice temporary privacy area for using the potty or changing.
Nature Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:16 PM   #24

Quote:
here's a few photos that show a tension rod in place in my trailer.
Nice!
Handbuilder where did you get your tension rod? I have been looking around but the stores I looked in had a max width of 72" or six feet which is short for the 7 foot wide trailer.

Rockwood A214HW
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Nice!
Handbuilder where did you get your tension rod? I have been looking around but the stores I looked in had a max width of 72" or six feet which is short for the 7 foot wide trailer.
Not Handbuilder but saw this at harbor freight

2-in-1 Support/Cargo Bar
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Nice!
We recently purchased a telescoping paint roller stick made of fiberglass at Home Depot. The longest one is for cathedral ceilings so it should extend to 7'. It has a twist lock for length adjustments.We have ours buried for a major move or I would give you the length. It is very rigid which is what we were looking for in a long paint pole. You would have to jury-rig a couple of cup ends to hold it in position.

Another thought would be 1/2" metal electrical conduit with rubber cups as used on metal chair feet. Conduit comes in 10' lengths available at most home improvement stores, as do the rubber cup chair feet. It's fairly light and pretty rigid. If it needed to be sectioned, you could used compression couplers. You might also find "U" shaped wall fittings to seat it in when needed. It could be painted to match your decor. I would consider this the better option.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:24 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1A Camper View Post
Not Handbuilder but saw this at harbor freight

2-in-1 Support/Cargo Bar
Thanks, I say that is a very good price compared to what they ask for the same item on Amazon.

Rockwood A214HW
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote