Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #21
Flagstaff 22FBS

I like the low profile and neat look of the fixtures. Nice job!

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #22

Hi again all,

Couple of quick updates. I finished the install of the aircraft reading lights and have posted two pics to my album. I also ended up moving the outlet at the side of the microwave cabinet to the countertop. I have a TV and DVD player on the counter above the microwave. Anytime I went into the strorage under the seats next to it I would forget about the plugs and sure enough the lid would hit them. After three times doing that I had enough. Put a blank cover plate over the hole and moved it to where it makes more sense. Managed to do it without taking the microwave out. Exisitng romex was long enough to reach new location no problem. Picture of that is posted in my albums as well. That is all the modifications for now. First camping trip is scheduled for January and she is now ready. Hope the dogs appreciate all I have done! If anyone needs any information on the lights I used or anything else, you know where to find me. Cheers!!
azhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhandyman View Post
Hi again all,

Couple of quick updates. I finished the install of the aircraft reading lights and have posted two pics to my album. I also ended up moving the outlet at the side of the microwave cabinet to the countertop. I have a TV and DVD player on the counter above the microwave. Anytime I went into the strorage under the seats next to it I would forget about the plugs and sure enough the lid would hit them. After three times doing that I had enough. Put a blank cover plate over the hole and moved it to where it makes more sense. Managed to do it without taking the microwave out. Exisitng romex was long enough to reach new location no problem. Picture of that is posted in my albums as well. That is all the modifications for now. First camping trip is scheduled for January and she is now ready. Hope the dogs appreciate all I have done! If anyone needs any information on the lights I used or anything else, you know where to find me. Cheers!!
Love the outlet on top of the microwave cabinet! Nice work.
K1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #24

Cool relocation of the outlet. I might suggest outlet safety caps for the outlets when not actively in use to prevent dirt and foreign objects from getting in.

Very cool!
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhandyman View Post
To Ko777 - I am not completely sure what has changed for the 2013 model. I think mostly cosmetic as far as I can tell. I had looked at some 2012 models first and when mine came in the first thing I noticed was the colors and fabrics were a little different. No door near the A/C but there is one on the opposite side but I am sure yours has that too. No MP3 player but you can hook one up to the existing system and there is a USB port as well as an SD card slot. I am not sure how this differs from the 2012 models as the dealer had taken the system out for theft reasons so I never saw one up close to compare. What would be nice is if it had an HDMI port so a tv can run through the system but I guess when you really think about it not that important. I will probably make some kind of mod there though. I would also like to add another floor light on the opposite end. The handyman thing is starting to take over!!! I found that I am not that crazy about the U shaped dinette area with that board folded up. Kind of uncomfortable to sit there. So I am keeping the board down with the cushion on top of it, added a few nice pillows and it becomes a nice little couch area. Looks a little more inviting this way and certainly more comfortable. This is as far as I have gotten in a week. Look forward to many more ideas. Right now it is just fun to go outside and sit in it and come up with ideas. I wish the newness of it would never wear off! Thank you.
Howdy! We've only had our A127TH out twice and on the second trip we used the Aux port to run our TV sound through the camper's speakers. The sound is much better than the tiny speakers in the TV.

On another note, I really like the floor lights you installed, especially the one by the door. I think the factory one under the Coax connection is poorly located and too bright. I may do something similar to what you have done, especially with the dimmer switch.

Ryan
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #26

To IndyRC,

Thanks for telling me about the Aux port. I will try that. Thank you for the positive feedback on the floor lights as well. I felt the same way about the one under the coax hookup. The blue LED's are a bit bright too but with the dimmer that takes care of it. Very nice at night now. Just a side note: I contemplated replacing the ceiling lights with the reading lights but decided to just add them instead for more flexibility. I love lights!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #27

To K1050 & Jeep4two:

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding the outlet. My thoughts exactly on the safety caps. I have them in the drawer already.

Tags
a128, a128s