Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #1

Looking to purchase a small camper for me and the wife for a few weeks camping at a time. An A Frame will fit nicely in my home garage for the winter so that is a big plus. Are their any years or models that I should stay away from as far as defects; warranty issues etc as compared to others. Haven't quite decided between new or used, if used other that the normal stuff to check for do the A Frames pose any specific issues to check to to its fold-up setup etc. Windows leaking etc as they seem to be on an angle and quite large. Here is an example of one for sale near my city in Ontario, Canada.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trail...ationFlag=true

Here is an owner review of one, not sure if this is common or just a bad stroke of luck.

https://forest-river.pissedconsumer....291243708.html
06Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
Itching to go . . .

One of the big factors of us buying our Aframe was that it fits (barely) in our garage. I couldn't find a used twin bed version in our area so we bought a new one.
A gently used one might be better in that the kinks should have been worked out by the original purchaser. These things are not high quality - even though they cost a lot for what they are. You will hear lots of horror stories. The problems receive much more attention than the units without issues.
Just know that whatever you get will need more maintenance that you thought. There are a lot of cheap parts that receive a lot of use & abuse. I'm not trying to be negative but realistic.
We absolutely love our aframe. Despite the problems we've had would do it all over again.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:55 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. Buying used as far as I can see even with some repairs from time to time is still a lot cheaper than buying one new. Good to know about the quality, will be looking out for things closely.
06Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #4

Or wait until the end of the season and the new model years have been released. I bought our 2017 model new for about $4000 less than any of the 2018 models I saw.
Midnight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #5

Looks like a nice one. I like the shower and head, I wish I would have gotten that . Mine is coachmen , we like it a lot. I keep it in a rented covered storage when not in use. My sons and I are going next week to Mark Twain lake in Missouri, where were from. Can’t wait.
Good luck on whatever you choose.
Acamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #6

Take your time and look at all the floor options available. Don’t Buy the first one you see. Try to think of your own personal needs. I took my time and glad we didn’t buy the first one we saw. Go on line see what your options are with the different floor plans. We chose the one with twin beds. It allowed more floor space. A toilet but no shower. The extra floor space and not having to make a bed everyday and having to climb over someone in the middle of the night was worth not having a shower. If you end spending a little more money it’s worth the extra to get what you like and serves your needs the best. [ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2938.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	295.4 KB
ID:	171375171375[/ATTACH]
Katerjane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:24 PM   #7

I have the same model and have had no major issues or leaks. Like having the shower and gives good storage area when not in use. Good luck on whatever you purchase.

Tags