Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #1

Ordering Parts?

Can you order parts from Rockwood directly? I hate my dealer. After weeks of being promised a delivery only a week away, I ended up buying a different floor plan. After waiting almost 5 hours for the install of the 7 wire plug I got home to find the install so crappy a blind man without thumbs could've done better. I'll keep it short, but the most glaring defect was running the power wire to my brake controller in such a way that my clutch pedal was on the verge of cutting through it only 6 days later. I should've done it myself to begin with, but I convinced myself that it was their business to do this, and they had to know what they were doing.

Anyhow, I've been pretty happy with my camper overall, only having a few minor repairs. I had to rewire the stereo to get FM sound inside, and I had to lower the strike plate on the door frame approx 1/4'' to get the deadbolt to latch. But while laying in the be the other day I noticed one of the 3 upper most rubber bumpers on the rear roof section was missing, allowing for metal to metal contact between the rear roof and the lower edge of the left side when the unit is folded. With no hole in the roof I believe it was simply forgotten at the factory. I'd like to just order it. I dont even mind paying if it means I can avoid a trip to the dealer. Just need to know if anyone else has ever done this.

Thanks
Luv70sFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:10 PM   #2
Always Learning

Try the Contact Us page on the Forest River website. You can usually order direct- especially if you share some of the pain of the local dealer.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv70sFords View Post

I had to lower the strike plate on the door frame approx 1/4'' to get the deadbolt to latch.
Thanks
Hmmm a pattern here? I also had to lower the strike plate. We did not notice it during the walk around but after a few days spending time getting to know everything we noticed we could not lock the deadbolt finding it just a little off and not fitting into the strike plate. We also waited about 3 weeks beyond delivery promised by Dealer saying FR behind on orders and delay in shipping. The FR Forums have been a tremendous help to us way more than the Dealer playing phone tag due to their high volume of business at this time of year. Most all questions we had after delivery have been resolved on this forum.

Rockwood A214HW
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts