Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
Site Team

Thumbs up Product Review: Powerbuilt Two Ton Unijack Hydraulic Jackstand

After we took delivery of our new trailer I started reassembling my RV Roadside Emergency Kit. I dug out my trusty old hydraulic jack and found enough seal seeps and weeps to give me the creeps! It was well past time for a new trailer jack.

I started searching the web and found the Powerbuilt Two Ton UniJack Hydraulic Jackstand , by AllTrade, on Pep Boys Ebay website. What caught my eye is this unit is an integrated unit with both a 2 Ton Jack and a Locking jackstand. That means if the jack's hydraulics failed while in use the jackstand is designed to continue to hold the load...that's a big safety plus in my opinion. It also means I no longer need to carry a separate jackstand.

After measuring the ground to frame distance on our T21QBHW, which is 14 inches, this unit looked even better as it's maximum lift range is 18 3/8 inches. That height should easily handle most tire changes. If necessary in a worst case scenario a couple leveling tiles or a piece of wood could be used to increase the maximum lift.

Pluses:

The unit appears to be fairly well made, the adjustable jackstand portion easily locks as the jack is raised, and the jack works fairly smoothly. At 8 5/8 inches collapsed it very easy to place under the frame even with the jackstand partially extended.

At $54.99, including shipping, I thought this was a pretty good deal.

Bonus: This unit will work with my Expedition as well. I'll take a hydraulic jack over a OEM scissor jack any time....

Negatives:

At 18 pounds this unit is no light weight! And it is a little on the large side if you are really pressed for space.

Overall I'm quite happy with my purchase and just wanted to pass along the info in case someone else is looking for a jack. If you want or need more lifting capacity there is also a Three Ton version available.
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #2

I bought the same jack last year. Great to hear you like it too!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #3

That looks like a belt and suspender ready for anything tool. If stowed in the rear storage tray, it would even lower my tongue weight.

Thanks for the review.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #4

This is exactly what I've been looking for. I'll be ordering one today. Thank you for posting this information!

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got."

2014 Rockwood A128S
2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4X4 Short Bed
Big Red Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, jacks, power