Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #1

Protective covering for camper & tires?

I was recently at Kmart looking for automobile covers for a T12RB and I was wondering if the XL size would be sufficient? I have not looked at ones that are made for RV's, only automobile covers. I also need to purchase two wheel & tire covers. What are the costs of the tire and outside camper unit covers?
beyond-there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Mostly Harmless

Check out campingworld.com. They currently have a sale going on ADCO RV covers. They're breathable and come with tiedown ropes. The size that fits my 2011 A128 (which doesn't have a front storage box or a front storage area) is the one for a 12-14 foot popup camper. It was $84 with shipping.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #3

I also bought an ADCO cover for my A Frame at Camping World when they where on sale last Fall. I paid $99.00 for the cover and $20.00 each for the wheel covers.
Be carefull of the corners of your A Frame, they will rub holes in the cover. I sewed them up and placed old shop rags in the four corners and around the rear bumper corners. Kept the camper clean and dry. One thing I try to do in the winter when the weather permits is to open up the camper and let it air out. Also at that time I can give the camper a once over look and see if there is anything that needs attention before it gets out of hand, like a leak somehere. Good Luck
Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #4

Im thinking that the tire covers are basic overkill. Basically you should be replacing tires every 4 to 5 years anyways ...just to be on the safe side.
Adco covers are great breathables ... just dont dump on a tarp ... and walk away... they hold much more moisture next to the the roof than they do trying to repell it.

d-mo
Old 09-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #5

What size ADCO for an A122?
Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Mostly Harmless

The ones that MikeG and I got are the 12-14 foot size, part #12293. Backpacker3 also has one, I assume its the same size. My 2011 model doesn't have the front storage area; if yours does that may change the selection. ADCO says to measure your trailer--not including the tongue--and get the size that fits unless the size is close to the max for the cover you're considering, in which case order the next larger size. Check campingworld.com for measuring advice, plus they're currently having a sale on them.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #7

I used one of the breathable covers for my A122. I found some styrofoam corners from a shipping box for the cornersand held them in place with blue painters tape. I also put some old towels over the plastic domes to prevent them from being scratched by the cover.
nekkidist is offline   Reply With Quote