Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2022, 07:29 PM   #1

Rockwood A122S Electrical Question

Does anyone who owns an A122S, or most other RVs, do you know if the main negative to the battery comes from the charger(converter)?

This is really silly, but just installed a battery monitor and assumed the negative to the battery, that is now connected to the shunt, was from the charger. Obviously, I have a lot to learn about electricity, but the negative to the battery would not be simply grounded to the frame, right? I know I need to actually start tracing my wires. The battery monitor needs ALL neg's from the trailer to go to the shunt and just assumed it came from the converter(charger).

One way for me to tell is to start tuning devices on and see if the battery monitor shows the draw. Only tested the lights and it did show a one amp draw.

Man I feel stupid asking this. LOL

Thanks for your patience in reading this.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:48 PM   #2

I figured it out by calling my dealer. Amazing there are no wiring schematics for trailers, at least mine. What I did not know is that the trailers have multiple grounds, the main ground being at the shore power outlet. As I think about, this makes total sense.

Tags
a122, electric, electrical, question, rockwood