Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #1

Rockwood A128 / Flagstaff Hard Side T12DD???

We are seriously looking into buying either the Rockwood A128 or Flagstaff T12DD new hard sided pop-up (whomever can give us a better price)...

Can anyone give me any reviews on these campers? I know they are brand new and just curious how they rate compared to the Aliner or Chalet companies?

Any info you can give would be great!!

Thank you,
Sue
Susabelle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #2

Hello susabelle. My wife and I received our A122 just a couple of weeks ago and have only logged one 2 day camping trip so far. There is a thread on the Welcome Mat in this Forum that talks about our maiden voyage.

The Rockwood and Flagstaff are identical, each have the same three floor plans and as far as I understand, the really only difference is the decals applied to the outside. The Forrest River models really can't be compared to the Aliner/Chalet yet, as far as reliability, but we bought ours with the understanding that FR has been building trailers for a long time and the main "box" of the new A Frames is the same as the "box" used in their POP UP trailers.

We saved a few thousand by going with FR. We settled on about $11800 after taxes, prep, shipping etc. I think I could have negotiated a for a couple more hundred off, but I was happy. The Aliner I was looking at, would have cost me over $16000 with the same equipment.
toleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #3

Rockwood A122 vs Aliner and Chalet

My husband and I visited a couple of camping shows in our state and we got to see first hand the differences. We were originally looking to buy a stripped down Aliner, until we walked into a Rockwood A126 and A128. My husband is 6'1" and unless you pay extra for high walls in a Aliner or Chalet, the camper does not feel as spacious as the Rockwoods. The Rockwoods also come standard with everything you will need and then some. You pay extra for storage doors, windows, electric brakes, outdoor grills, etc. if purchasing/ordering the Aliner. We would have paid at least $5000 more if we had bought an Aliner or Chalet with all that we got in our A122. And we got a great price and great service from our dealer in Madison.
earthgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a128