Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 08:59 AM   #1

Roof panels replaced (issues)

I have a 2016 Viking V12RBST and I just hard the roof panels replaced. One of them was warped and that then damaged the other roof panel every time it opened up by gouge into to the inside ceiling panel. They were covered under warranty.

I'm kicking myself for not opening it up before I left the dealer ( i was just happy to get it after they had for 6 months. When I got home it was crazy hard to open now. It's almost a two person job to open now. It's going back to the dealer today.

Not only that but it is starting to gouge the top ceiling panel just like the old one did. This weekend when opening it up it jumped out of alinement by about 4 inches. I wish I would have taken photos but I was worried about get in downed set up correct.

Has anyone else had issues where they had to have the roof panels replaced.
Just_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #2

Check and make sure they didn't forget to install the springs on the replacement panel
sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer330 View Post
Check and make sure they didn't forget to install the springs on the replacement panel

That is what it feels like.
Just_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:38 AM   #4

Not to be pessimistic, but it sounds as if the problems are more than the roof panels. I suggest you call FR to escalate the attention they give to your problem.

Forest River Pop Up division: 574-389-4600

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof