Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2021, 05:17 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnred View Post
You should consider adding a weight distribution hitch with sway bar control on the trailer. Your Jeep has plenty on tow capacity for pulling but the hitch will make your car ride more level for better pulling. Before my Lincoln which has a tow capacity of 3,500 lbs, the rear end would sag like your Jeep did with the headlights aiming higher. After the weight distribution hitch was installed everything rode level with the car plus it felt better when towing. I found that with the sway bar control it made towing easier by not swaying from side to side..
I have towed a trailer of some sort since I got my learner permit many years ago. The weight distribution hitch is a very good idea for the type of trip Iím planning. There will also be times when we are not on maintained roads so it will have to be removed from for a while. Other modifications I have planned are making the camper more off roadable by adding skid plates and removable leveling jacks.
TennesseePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:06 PM   #42

The camper model we had was a 2013 Flagstaff T12SDTH which I believe is no longer available. The one which you referenced (not sure if you've bought it yet) was the T12RBTH which is the current year model. The bed setup in mine was different, it had a sofa bed that could be folded up to become a couch with 2 removable table shelves hanging off the back of the cabinets. For the 2 of us, it was a great setup. We'd sit there to eat or something else and put our small 22" TV with DVD player on the dining table to watch, it was like a desk setup. The T12RBTH that you referenced mentioned a flip-up bed but there was no mention of what was under there after it got flipped-up whether it exposed further storage space or what..?

I'm 6ft and found that when I was sitting there I was hitting my head often so that was the reason we sold it about a yeat ago and went with a full size trailer. The trailer itself was great for towing and saved us on gas compared to what we get now. I loved the fact that it was hard sided when it was all setupup but I'm 70 now and was getting a bit tired of having to pop the roof everytime I wanted to get inside. With this new trailer I got now, it's very convenient to just pull over anytime/anywhere and just walk in to have a coffee, make a sandwich or just relax..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T12SDTH.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	247606   Click image for larger version

Name:	T12RBTH.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	247607  
cdnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:18 PM   #43

Well I’m on 5’8” so I’ve got a little room to grow before I start bumping my head on things. My son will be taller than me by the time we make the trip but his head is also considerably harder too so he can take the damage.
Old 02-12-2021, 11:17 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnred View Post
I'm 6ft and found that when I was sitting there I was hitting my head often so that was the reason we sold it about a yeat ago and went with a full size trailer.
Iím also 6í and havenít found headroom to be an issue in our T12RB. I was concerned that it would be an issue before we actually went inside one but have been very happy itís not been an issue for me.
PapaGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:57 AM   #45

Bike rack

Someone asked me to send a pic. Hopefully it loads. These are1.5x3 steel. I cut the back frame cover and ran the steel about 3.5 ft up in the frame, welded as you see. Then drilled and bolted 2 3/8 bolts at 2 spots up along the frame.

Next is figuring out how to attach kayaks without attaching to roof panels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bike rack.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	541.9 KB
ID:	247799  
NormTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:09 PM   #46

That’s similar to what I am thinking except mine will be used for the generator enclosure and lots of fuel. I’m running into some concerns with my generators that I already own. Evidently Generac is a gravity feed for the fuel so my extended run fuel tanks will have to either be mounted above the generator or I have to rearrange everything when I get to wherever we are setting up. I understand that Honda inverter generators have a fuel pump that will draw from the extended run tank while they are mounted at the same level. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 02-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #47
OYO

They do have a fuel pump. Or at least my Honda Eu2200i does. I didn't know that until I had to rebuild the carburetor this fall.

I have an extended fuel tank and it does not need to be above the generator.

Duh. Guess I should have realized it had a fuel pump a long time.

Home is where you rAise the roof.

Craig
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 02:13 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYO View Post
They do have a fuel pump. Or at least my Honda Eu2200i does. I didn't know that until I had to rebuild the carburetor this fall.

I have an extended fuel tank and it does not need to be above the generator.

Duh. Guess I should have realized it had a fuel pump a long time.
All you had to do was think about it for a couple minutes and you figured it out. I have extra large gas tanks for my extended run system and once I get them full Iíd rather not have to move them. The original forecast was for up to 1/2 inch of ice here in Nashville so I dug the generators out and filled up my two 11 gallon tanks and those boogers are unruly when full. I can lift the weight OK but the awkwardness of the tank and the sloshing of the gas inside while walking on an icy sidewalk make things a little more Interesting than I would prefer.

Tags
camper, roo, roof