Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #1

Second Trip Report

Got back this past Sunday about noon from my trip to Glenrose, Tx for the Lonestar Dulcimer Festival. This was the first time I've camped in the camper since my heart surgery and only the second time to use the camper since buying it in January.

Left Wednesday, a day early, since it was calling for bad weather Thursday. Oakdale RV Park was full by Saturday when the festival actually kicked off. I don't think they had one open site. I was the only Aframe and showed it several times to curious RV'ers. They were all surprised at the room in it. Saw about 10 Cassitas. I think people are down sizing due to economy. And of course saw many Travel Trailers from short to looooong and Motorhomes. Some of them would have cost more than my house.

Had a good time....listened to good music on stage....played a little music...did a lot of relaxing and reading...even played in their huge pool.

The camper did great other than the CO monitor going off but everything worked the way it was suppose to. It rained Thursday evening and I kept looking for leaks but found none thank goodness.

This wasn't the type of camping I mainly do but been going to this festival for almost 25 years and enjoy it. Now to go camping back in the woods again. I had much rather see wildlife than other campers parked on top of you.

Haven't downloaded pics yet....laptop decided it doesn't want to read my USB drive.

David
Total Nights Camping 2016-(5)
Total Nights Camping 2017-(4)
Total Nights Camping 2018-(7)
mlsa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:17 PM   #2

sounds like you had a great trip .. we are headed out tomorrow for 10 days in the "land o lakes" part of Ontario .. really looking forward to getting away ..
even tho everyone is so worried about leaks and such .. these are really easy to spot and remedy with our type of campers ... as the roof and window sections are basically fiberglass/filon - styro-and then some sort of metal covering.
Enjoy your camper ... and your good health ..

d-mo