RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 163
Keep in mind you will void your warranty if you install a hitch. I didn't care and boy did it come in handy hauling my Honda 3000 generator. A frame doesn't need that much generator but $600 for a brand new in the box for 2 years Honda I couldn't resist.
I also added a shelving unit behind the stove by cutting the legs down from an over the the toilet set of shelves. When traveling I either put it on the floor or bed It really gives me a lot of storage room for often used items like a paper towel rack, coffee, cereal, etc. I keep the portapotti under the bench seat during the day & retrieve it for night use only
I do use a WD hitch & pull with a Honda minivan.
royboy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:04 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Bluepill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,645


Whenever I think my camper is too small, I just refer to this photo of its interior. Big enough for a (small) party!
__________________
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:07 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Butch Wilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Liberty, NC
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by royboy334 View Post
Keep in mind you will void your warranty if you install a hitch. I didn't care and boy did it come in handy hauling my Honda 3000 generator. A frame doesn't need that much generator but $600 for a brand new in the box for 2 years Honda I couldn't resist.
I also added a shelving unit behind the stove by cutting the legs down from an over the the toilet set of shelves. When traveling I either put it on the floor or bed It really gives me a lot of storage room for often used items like a paper towel rack, coffee, cereal, etc. I keep the portapotti under the bench seat during the day & retrieve it for night use only
I do use a WD hitch & pull with a Honda minivan.
I have a t21qbhw and a Honda 3000. Let's see a picture of your set up. Sounds like something I should check into .
Butch Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #64
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 30
yep thanks, not concerned on warranty that much -- some storage platform mod to back of camper is high on the list after purchase... will have to find a good fabricator to do it.. with with hitch add-on - platform could have a swing away feature from some use while parked..

still thinking on the generator bit -- 2 honda 2000's in parallel with supplemental dual feed tank versus single 3000 -- lifting and slepping 150 lbs sol is not appealing

I do look forward to lots of use when I retire next year -- both solo and with friends on occassion

thanks
stevetoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:55 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Bluepill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetoney View Post
yep thanks, not concerned on warranty that much -- some storage platform mod to back of camper is high on the list after purchase... will have to find a good fabricator to do it.. with with hitch add-on - platform could have a swing away feature from some use while parked..

still thinking on the generator bit -- 2 honda 2000's in parallel with supplemental dual feed tank versus single 3000 -- lifting and slepping 150 lbs sol is not appealing

I do look forward to lots of use when I retire next year -- both solo and with friends on occassion

thanks

I use a Honda EU3000 because I already have it as a Home power back-up. If I were to do it again, I would choose a pair of 2000's. I have to load and unload the 3000 with a winch attached to a portable A frame hoist support.

I could actually get by with a single 2000, because my A/C is only 10K Btu.
__________________
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:29 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa Ontario Canada
Posts: 930
How many times are you going to use the coolcat to warm or cool....i never use it ...except for extreme conditions...like Georgia a couple of years ago when it hit 90f in the early mornings.
I have agood quality generator sitting in the basement....never been used....think create a breeze fan...and a excellent quality dual battery system . ...and save your back.

D-mo
__________________
2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Bluepill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
How many times are you going to use the coolcat to warm or cool....i never use it ...except for extreme conditions...like Georgia a couple of years ago when it hit 90f in the early mornings.
I have agood quality generator sitting in the basement....never been used....think create a breeze fan...and a excellent quality dual battery system . ...and save your back.

D-mo
Come on down to Florida next summer. Then tell me about A/C use.




__________________
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
mudman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: S Florida
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepill View Post
Come on down to Florida next summer. Then tell me about A/C use.




Ditto that😎
mudman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:11 PM   #69
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 7
Send a message via Skype™ to Janath
Newbies

My husband and I are definitely seniors but newbies to camping! We bought a nice tent from REI and loved it so much we went right out and bought an Aliner Scout! (I really can't keep getting up and down, in and out of the tent!)


We are in our early 70's, active, and are looking to learn from the community. We live in Florida and would love to know about any get-togethers with other campers.


Good to have found this forum!
Janath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #70
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 23,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janath View Post
My husband and I are definitely seniors but newbies to camping! We bought a nice tent from REI and loved it so much we went right out and bought an Aliner Scout! (I really can't keep getting up and down, in and out of the tent!)


We are in our early 70's, active, and are looking to learn from the community. We live in Florida and would love to know about any get-togethers with other campers.


Good to have found this forum!
Hi and welcome to FRF!

Just in case you weren't aware, this section is generally for owners of Forest River A-frame trailers, mostly Rockwood and Flagstaff.
So your Aliner will probably have a number of things different than FR A-frames.
But many things will be similar, especially appliances.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:09 PM   #71
OYO
Senior Member
 
OYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janath View Post
My husband and I are definitely seniors but newbies to camping! We bought a nice tent from REI and loved it so much we went right out and bought an Aliner Scout! (I really can't keep getting up and down, in and out of the tent!)


We are in our early 70's, active, and are looking to learn from the community. We live in Florida and would love to know about any get-togethers with other campers.


Good to have found this forum!
Nice resurrection of an 'old' thread Janath!

We're both 65 (made the last non-medicare pmt for the wife last month!). We had been tent/truck camping since 1972. Bought the A-frame Feb 2016. Five days used to be a lot, now we do five weeks.

Enjoy.
__________________
2016 Rockwood A213HW
2019 GMC Sierra Crew Cab Denali 6.2

Craig
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:33 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 163
I bought a 214HW in February and went camping for the first time this week due to a hit and run driver on the way home from the dealer the day I bought it! I love it
Plan on visiting Yellowstone and Glacier National parks next month and then 6 weeks in Florida this winter. The shower & cassette toilet are great to have. If anybody comes through Delaware, drop by
Roy
214HW in Delaware
royboy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 163
Iím 77, love my 214HW and tow it with a Toyota 6cylinder Highlander. No problems so far. Love it and the ease of towing.
Roy
royboy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:37 PM   #74
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
I'm 62, hubby 6 yrs. younger. We just traded our 29' TT for the Rockwood A213HW. We had an A-liner before the 29' TT. Seems we much prefer being "cozy" - in TX
Mooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:16 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 163
Someone to be cozy with while visiting the national parks is all I’m missing in my Aframe
royboy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:03 AM   #76
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Florida
Posts: 7
Send a message via Skype™ to Janath
We are 70 and 76 and love or Aliner - it is just perfect for us. Small and easy with amenities that make camping comfortable. We live in Florida and plan to spend most of this summer in North Carolina in the cool mountains
Janath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #77
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
We are seniors and have own three motor home, two pop up and one TT. We now own a 192hw A frame, love it, the easy setup is great.
pepsione1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:50 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Bluepill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,645
Nice mods to replace dining table:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ame-64017.html
__________________
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janath View Post
We are 70 and 76 and love or Aliner - it is just perfect for us. Small and easy with amenities that make camping comfortable. We live in Florida and plan to spend most of this summer in North Carolina in the cool mountains
Maybe our paths will cross this winter as I wander around your state
royboy334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:21 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
handbuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington state
Posts: 1,258
This is by far, my favorite little trailer for solo camping or weekend trips with spouse where our coach is just too large.

This year begins our 8th season with the little A-Frame. Lots more positives and very few complaints for this sweet little unit! It fits my personal user needs perfectly (dog shows, solo camping, functionality, ease and towability). Its not a luxury unit, its several steps up from tent camping and with all the amenities they come with, there really isnt too much to miss... just depends on one's expectations for why they wanted one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190426_183355.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	510.1 KB
ID:	205351  
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper, frame, trailer, a-frame

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.