Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #1

"Springerizing"?

So in the fall we "winterize", so that means it's time to "springerize", right?

I wanted to get clarity on a couple questions on how to bring our hearty A back up to its warm-weather glory.

1) What, if anything, do we need to address with regards to the wheels/axle? Checking air levels and bolts and tire condition is a given, but not sure what else I might need to do.

Specifically, I see a lot of references to greasing/packing the bearings and after looking up that that means, I know it's beyond my skills, tools and work area to do, so should I bring it in to the shop for springtime loving?

2) Anything special about the water system we need to worry about? We used the blown-air method to clear the lines, and filled the sink trap with anti-freeze.

3) Same thing with the furnace? Any special cleaning/clearing in particular we should pay attention to?

4) I figure I should give it a good wash and waxing. Recommendations on type of wax to use (or just a traditional car wax)? Not sure if anything specific needed.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #2

My preference for bearing maintenance, repairing brakes, new tires and etc. has been to find a commercial trailer maintenance shop and have them do it. The trailer shop has the advantage of: being closer than the dealer, by about 40 miles; having a wider variety of towing parts on hand; and has same day turnaround if you show up early.

As for the water system I'd sanitize the tank and run the chlorinated water through the plumbing followed by a flush of tap water and call it done.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote