Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #1

The cargo bar (2-in-1 Support/Cargo Bar)

I was wondering how this system was working for you? How many did you purchased 2 or 3?
Since the posting is considered old it wouldn't let me put in a reply post.
JoArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Mostly Harmless

Who are you asking about the cargo bar? If its me, I bought just the one and I don't use it any more because it won't lock securely at a given length. Instead I use a pair of 5' long pieces of conduit, sized so that one of them slips inside the other. I drilled a hole through both pieces to slip a pin through to set the width needed. The conduit ends have PVC end caps attached, with 1/4" bolts sticking out the ends, which fit into holes I've drilled in the metal edging of the A-walls. The unit is both a curtain rod for a room divider if wanted, and a bit of extra support to keep the sidewalls from pushing in in a storm (although I'd hope not to have the camper open in a storm bad enough to need it).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4247011735.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	35314

One of the sidewall holes. I found some nylon inserts for the holes at the hardware store, so the wear on the holes themselves is avoided.

If you were addressing someone else, my apologies for sticking my oar in when it wasn't asked for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1280565914.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	35313  
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #3

Thanks for the info yes, you were the one I think that put it out there and we are going to a place where there may be some wind.
JoArt is offline   Reply With Quote