Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #21

To MrMeyer

Wow, sounded like a great trip!

I would love to see any pictures as well!

I hope that we can have an adventure like that in the future!
DGrissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #22

Mr. Meyer...Thanx for your input. You answered most of the questions I had. Looks like I will start making arrangement for a new trailer shortly. Hope to catch up with you one of these days as we are in Iowa quite often. Enjoy camping...life is toooooo short not to.
2lvrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #23

Thanks for putting out the welcome mat for us. Do you ever get to the Decorah area and have you ever camped at Pulpit Rock, the city campground? This is one of our favorite campgrounds since we are canoeists and kayakers. Love the town too. Maybe we will see you there this summer! Headed for Lanesboro MN Memorial Day, can't wait. Talk to you later. Happy camping!
MrMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
Mostly Harmless

2lvrvn and MrMeyer, when either of you will be in Iowa next, especially central Iowa, let us know beforehand. As a lifelong Iowan and quarter-century motorcycle camper, I have lots of suggestions for places to camp, and maybe we could "group camp."

The Decorah area is beautiful, and the wife and I've camped at Pulpit Rock. Last time we were there that fabulous canoeing river was bank full, so our float trip had to be cancelled. I used to be a school Principal in a town about 40 miles from Decorah so I know the area well. Pike's Peak State Park, not too far east, is on the Mississippi and has unparalleled views from the bluffs overlooking the river.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #25

Rockwood hardside campers

The wife and I ordered our first camper this past weekend...a Rockwood A122BH. We can't wait to try it out!

Kix
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #26
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to the group, Kix. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to post lots of pictures when you pick it up from the dealer and when you take it out for the first trip.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #27

2thehamguy1. Would love to meet you in Decorah some time and group camp. My buddy has a new A122BH also and went with us on our southwest trip. We are heading to Lanesboro MN this weekend and going to spend 2 days on the river while our wives spend 2 days shopping, eating, relaxing, and reading. Oh what fun except we have to tent camp. Boo-Hoooo! Made reservations last year at Eagle Cliff and didn't know we would be the proud owners of A-Frames. Oh well, we will have a great time anyway. Joe's camper is in the shop having some warranty work done on it anyway. Don't know now when we are going to be in Decorah but will probably try to do a July and October weekend. Talk to you later. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
MrMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #28
Mostly Harmless

October might work for us, there's usually a big area-wide arts festival in Decorah about then. In July we'll be somewhere between Des Moines and Fairbanks as we finally take the Alaska trip the spousal unit has been wanting to do for years (but which I didn't want to tackle on the motorcycle, for some reason). I'm sure the camper will do fine, I'm just hoping the tow vehicle is up to the job.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator