Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2022, 02:37 PM   #1

Tires

Hi, I have a Flagstaff T21tbhw and would like to know if ST215/75R14 will fit this camper instead of the 205/75r14 without installing a lift kit. Thanks
Collinsjcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 02:53 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinsjcc View Post
Hi, I have a Flagstaff T21tbhw and would like to know if ST215/75R14 will fit this camper instead of the 205/75r14 without installing a lift kit. Thanks
Taking a Goodyear Endurance ST tire for example:

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...ce/sizes-specs

The difference in total diameter between a 205/75R14 (26.1 inches) and a 215/75R14 (26.7 inches) would be 6/10ths of an inch or just a little more than half an inch.

However this being overall diameter, the actual difference between the two tires (aka circles) would be half that from the center of hub when mounted on the trailer. So the 215 would be 3/10ths of an inch taller from the hub center to the bottom of the trailer.

You can probably just visually see if you have 3/10ths of an inch clearance to spare, while looking at your current 205's on the trailer now.

Another way to help this in your mind is to take a penny and a nickel coin. When you stand them up side by side, this is the overall diameter difference. Now lay the nickel down and then lay the penny on top of the nickel where their centers are the same (mounted on the hub). Now you can see the actual difference between the circles.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 03:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinsjcc View Post
You should ask the trailer manufacturer.

Increase the tire's load range, if possible, that is not a size change.

If you decide to go with a larger designated size, it's called "plus sizing" and there are procedures to follow to insure it's documented correctly. There are tire documents on the WWW that fully explain the procedures.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:47 PM   #4

WMTIRE.... said it difference is less than 1/2 inch

No need to do anything for such a small change
Old 11-29-2022, 04:05 PM   #5

I made the same tire size change on my trailer no issues with such a small tire diameter difference.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:59 AM   #6
Site Team

Thread has been cleared of off-topic/hijacking postings as well as sarcastic postings replying to same that are against the site guidelines.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ork&page=rules

Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, and national origin are not acceptable.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires