Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2024, 08:44 PM   #1
Ignoramus Prime

What're these hooks for ????

Have 2020 Rockwood A213HW.

Wife is wondering what those 4, U-shaped hooks / loops riveted to the ceiling of the rear roof section, above the bed on the sink/stove side? Neither of us knows, nor can we find out anywhere online... that we've seen so far. And when we got the camper, there was nothing it came with that looks like it connects to / on the dang things.
Dirty Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:05 PM   #2

Pictures would be a big help.
Old 06-12-2024, 09:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post

Wife is wondering what those 4, U-shaped hooks / loops riveted to the ceiling of the rear roof section, above the bed on the sink/stove side? Neither of us knows, nor can we find out anywhere online... that we've seen so far. And when we got the camper, there was nothing it came with that looks like it connects to / on the dang things.
Can you post a picture?
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 09:11 PM   #4

Quote:

I found a walk through video and they showed this. They called it a hanging collapsible wardrobe. Google 2020 Rockwood A213HW Hardside Walkthru and watch the video. I hope this helps.
2002 Yamaha V Star 1100
Cb25 Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 07:40 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb25 Joe View Post
I found a walk through video and they showed this. They called it a hanging collapsible wardrobe. Google 2020 Rockwood A213HW Hardside Walkthru and watch the video. I hope this helps.
I'm betting you are right on. Here is a screen grab from a YT video.

We had something similar in our last pop-up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cabinet.png
Views:	13
Size:	451.8 KB
ID:	300919
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 09:12 AM   #6
Ignoramus Prime

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for lack of pics. I thought about it while I was laying in bed. Didn't want to get out of bed and go out to the camper to snap photos. Would have this afternoon, if no one had an answer.

I was thinking those hooks were for something like this. My guess was a bungee gear net. That wardrobe is totally impractical, unless you like getting smacked in the face every time you sit up in bed.
Old 06-13-2024, 09:52 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
That wardrobe is totally impractical, unless you like getting smacked in the face every time you sit up in bed.
I'm convinced that the people that add some of these "features and conveniences" to RV's have never actually camped a day in their lives.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 11:01 AM   #8

The wardrobe is an awesome feature! We sleep with our heads at the other end so it doesn’t impact us when we’re in bed (makes sense to us as the counter makes a nice bedside table). It holds a ton of stuff and is easy to access. We store it under the table when traveling. Roberts Sales (robertssales.com) sells them if you are interested.
Old 06-13-2024, 11:07 AM   #9
Ignoramus Prime

I think that's very often the case! LOL... And yes, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

My wife should have worked as a designer for the camper industry. She has gone thru and pointed out literally dozens of instances where they could redo existing layouts, adding / changing where and how things fit or are accessed, etc.

I suspect that many of the things she commented on were, in fact, likely considered by the folks who designed our A-Frame... but these idealized choices were not followed thru, due to:

1) price (the primary motivator for ALL businesses decisions).

2) using only existing, commonly available supplier parts, rather than the costlier option of making custom parts.

Examples include the optimal sizes of the exterior access doors and the size & location of almost all of the interior drawers & cupboards / doors.

Too bad we don't have the cash to have a custom built A-Frame. Boy... All-aluminium construction, and full carbon fiber walls with thicker extruded styrofoam walls throughout. (Not to mention about 10" wider body, so you could use full twin mattresses!) *Sigh*
Old 06-13-2024, 11:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I'm betting you are right on. Here is a screen grab from a YT video.

We had something similar in our last pop-up.

Attachment 300919
My Rockwood 1910 had similar storage unit but it was approx 1' high, 1' deep and 3 feet wide. It hung above the sibk/stove. It was very handy asit could be brought into the house for packing, tossed on the floor for travel, then hung up upon arrival
Tlmgcamp is online now   Reply With Quote