RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-18-2020, 03:42 PM   #21

Inside the under-sink cabinet

I bought this Decko towel holder because it was absolutely the narrowest holder I could find. It just fits, mounted inside the cabinet door under the sink. When mounting it, I test-fitted with a full roll of towels to get it as high as I could and to get the left-right position so it would clear the stile when the door was closing.

Our cabinets are frame-and-panel. The original mounting holes were spaced inward from the corners and would have hit the thin panel. The panel was too thin to accept screws, so I drilled two new mounting holes, just inside the corners of the holder, which accepted screws that went into the thick edge-frame of the door.
Attached Images

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:53 PM   #22

ours are on cabinet door under kitchen sink.....Mount on a slight angle are it always swings inwards......Why worry if it leaves holes if you remove it...sell RV with a roll of PT's.....
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
I know this is a bit silly but I really want to mount my paper towel holder to the wall I orderd the Camco paper towel holder and there really is no place to mount it that isn't in the way. The perfect spot would be on one of the walls but you can't securely screw into foam so I need suggestions for other options!

Gorilla Tape, but mind you, be sure it is where you want it the first time.
No second chances.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:55 PM   #24

We use a stand up holder from Dollar Tree-it fits in the cupboard over the sink and can be taken out when needed. We have also used 1" stick on Velcro to mount our cup holders, which should also work for the paper towel holder. If you need to remove them, the Velcro releases.
Kaylab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:07 PM   #25

Quote:
I realize that a lot of people just read and reply to the "New Posts" and many don't consider the sub-forum (and I do appreciate the suggestions) but I want to point out that this is for a small A-Frame camper that is short on space. There aren't cabinets on the walls to indicate where wall studs would be (or to mount to the underside) and there is precious little counter space to sit this on top of. I also only have one cabinet drawer under the sink area that would put the roll right in the way of traffic so that option is out.

I may look at some of the 3M VHB tape to mount it to the wall but that stuff isn't cheap and I'm concerned it will just pull off the wall covering. I may also design something I can 3D print that can be riveted to exiting metal (Wall Hinges or window trim). Since everything is Aluminum, Rare Earth magnets are out as well.

I'll figure out a solution eventually! I'll be in the camper tonight to work on my storage and organization scheme anyway to we'll see what I come up with. I just thought someone would have come up with a solution already so I didn't have to tax my tiny brain!
You could also limit the amount of people replying to this post with options that won't work for your type of RV if you added a signature block to your profile to identify the type of RV you have.

2014 Ram 3500 Laramie 4X4 CTD
2011 Dutchmen Denali 262 RLX
DRogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #26

I placed two eyelet screws into the wall and use a small (i.e. thin and somewhat weak) bungee cord through the paper towel roll to hold it against the wall in our A214HW. It is mounted between the window and the dormer somewhat above the sink and hangs horizontally. It is placed high enough that it misses the cabinet when the walls are folded down by about an inch so I don't have to put the towels anywhere when breaking down. The bungee helps keep them against the wall so they don't unroll except when you want one. Works really well. I threaded the eyelet screws at a slight angle away from the paper towel so that tension would help them stay anchored.
TrailerTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #27

Dont waste your crapping money on amazon, i built paper towel holders for inside and out, get a wooden dowel rod, a piece of wood, drill a hole and screw the rod into the piece of wood from underneath, it stands up by itself and you can use it wherever you want it..Click image for larger version

Name:	20200618_193016.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	231798Click image for larger version

Name:	20200618_193021.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	231799Click image for larger version

Name:	20200618_193027.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	231800
rowdy boys 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:11 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRogers View Post
You could also limit the amount of people replying to this post with options that won't work for your type of RV if you added a signature block to your profile to identify the type of RV you have.
The OP posted this in the A-frame section of the Forum. They also have their A-frame model listed in their profile.
It's up to members to pay attention to where the post is located, before posting a response.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:19 PM   #29
Hot Dog Slayer

This may not be applicable to you, but I did ask at the RV shop if you could put screws into a wall combined with wall anchors.

Apparently you can, providing you don't use more than 3/4" screws?

I don't know the thickness of your A-Frame, but perhaps that could be an option?

As an aside, this thread may not in the end help you out, but it was a good thread in the generic terms. I know it has given me some ideas where to put my paper towel holder.

2016 Forest River Microlite 21DS

2019 Ram 1500 Pearl Red Limited
Geobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:17 PM   #30

If you have any cabinet with a door, put shallow screws through the holder into the inside door (not to long). Make sure the roll with not interfere with what you have in your cabinet. Then when you open the cabinet, there is the paper towels.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:27 AM   #31

I was actually hoping to find a video of how the A-Frames are constructed so I could see where they put structural interior framing but I struck out in that search. My personal preference would be to mount the towel holder vertically on the wall just aft of the door. This way it would be accessible from the inside of the camper as well as when I'm outside grilling.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:08 AM   #32

Quote:
I was actually hoping to find a video of how the A-Frames are constructed so I could see where they put structural interior framing but I struck out in that search. My personal preference would be to mount the towel holder vertically on the wall just aft of the door. This way it would be accessible from the inside of the camper as well as when I'm outside grilling.
The walls above the hinges, near as I can tell, are foam sandwich with a fiberglass-like layer on the outside and either sheet metal or thin plywood on the inside. There are aluminum caps and extrusions at the edges. The foam is beaded foam and useless for holding screws or any kind of insert, so short screws into the plywood is the best you can do. Or some type of adhesive mount. The roof panels used to be thin metal on the inside, but I'm not sure what my newer high wall has.

If mounting on the wall above the hinge, you might want to check for clearances when the wall is folded down. There isn't a whole lot of space between cabinet tops and folded walls.

Below the hinge, there is some thin plywood with occasional 1x1 and 1x2 pieces to hold up the cabinetry.

Since we cook, clean, and lounge outside for the most part, our biggest use of paper towels is at the picnic table. DW hangs a roll by passing a bungy cord through the roll and hooking it to the ends of the table (Sometimes she does a roll at both ends, so I have one at the portable 2 burner propane stove I use at one end of the table). Inside, we just use a vertical holder sitting on top of the fridge counter.

hope this helps
Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
prev 2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
last trip: Black Hills, Badlands, Ft Robinson, and Scott's Bluff
next trip: Navajo Lake
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:15 AM   #33

Mounted mine above the fridge with Toggle Bolts. Both in my old Rockwood and in my new Grey Wolf.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DBCE2B07-30EB-437A-97D6-E824EC9D1C52.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	231828  
Old 06-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #34

Speaking of paper towels, we store 6 spare rolls in our dryer when we stock up for a trip.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:53 PM   #35

LOL... good news is people are just trying to help
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #36

I mounted one like the bed bath and beyond one on the wall of our tt. We have just the thin plywood backed with foam. I used small toggle bolts to put it on. Its been up and used for 4 years just fine. We don't have much wall space so I had to put it on upside down but it works fine. good luck
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:39 PM   #37

I bought and installed a $14.99 paper towel holder from Bed Bath & Beyond over the sink.

Name:	TowelHolder.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	231863

It has a clicking-drag friction on the shaft so it won't freewheel your paper towels during movement.

Name:   PaperTowelHolder.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  10.3 KB
San Pedro, CA
Honest Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:39 PM   #38

So, this is the solution I chose;

Pop riveted the towel mount to the metal window frame through the wall board, I can take the roll off as shown and its readily available from the inside and outside. Pretty sturdy as well but well see how it holds up!

Name:	IMG_5614.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	232243

Name:	IMG_5615.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	343.0 KB
ID:	232244

Name:	IMG_5616.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	232245
Old 06-23-2020, 09:40 PM   #39

We don't drill holes or put screws into our walls either. I found this Nano tape works great and it is removable. Search for "Nano Double Sided Tape,Removable Gel Grip Tape" on Amazon. We use it to mount things to the walls and hold things on the counters.

Pat, WW9R
2020 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2614BS
2019 Ford F-250 Superduty XLT, Crew cab, long box, 6.7L Diesel, 3.55 Gears
ProPride P3 Hitch with 1400 lbs bars
Haloview rear and side view cameras
PatHoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:24 PM   #40
Hot Dog Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHoppe View Post
We don't drill holes or put screws into our walls either. I found this Nano tape works great and it is removable. Search for "Nano Double Sided Tape,Removable Gel Grip Tape" on Amazon. We use it to mount things to the walls and hold things on the counters.
How long would you say the tape lasts stuck to the walls, and does it cause any long term damage?

I just want to put a few things up once, and never have to remove it again until the day comes for me to sell the TT.

2016 Forest River Microlite 21DS

2019 Ram 1500 Pearl Red Limited
Geobound is offline   Reply With Quote