RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-24-2020, 12:55 AM   #41

Nano Tape

I wish I could tell You how long it stays attached to the wall. We’ve been using it for two months and everything has stayed in place. You can pull things back of the wall. In fact, you can remove the tape, wash it off and use it again. I like it better than command strips.
Pat

Pat, WW9R
2020 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2614BS
2019 Ford F-250 Superduty XLT, Crew cab, long box, 6.7L Diesel, 3.55 Gears
ProPride P3 Hitch with 1400 lbs bars
Haloview rear and side view cameras
PatHoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:43 AM   #42
Hot Dog Slayer

That's great Pat, thanks again!

2016 Forest River Microlite 21DS

2019 Ram 1500 Pearl Red Limited
Geobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:38 PM   #43

I have an Aframe and have put up a rod from wall to wall for hanging things on, including a roll of paper towels. It's great to hang damp towels on to dry, clothes on hangers and you can put a shower curtain or window panels on it for privacy. You do need to be a little taller to reach the paper towels, but you could lower the roll by putting it on a wire or something similar
Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200625_152849.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	232422  
MHManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:35 PM   #44

@MHMANNING Where did you find a rod that long?
Old 06-25-2020, 06:49 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
I realize that a lot of people just read and reply to the "New Posts" and many don't consider the sub-forum (and I do appreciate the suggestions) but I want to point out that this is for a small A-Frame camper that is short on space. There aren't cabinets on the walls to indicate where wall studs would be (or to mount to the underside) and there is precious little counter space to sit this on top of. I also only have one cabinet drawer under the sink area that would put the roll right in the way of traffic so that option is out.

I may look at some of the 3M VHB tape to mount it to the wall but that stuff isn't cheap and I'm concerned it will just pull off the wall covering. I may also design something I can 3D print that can be riveted to exiting metal (Wall Hinges or window trim). Since everything is Aluminum, Rare Earth magnets are out as well.

I'll figure out a solution eventually! I'll be in the camper tonight to work on my storage and organization scheme anyway to we'll see what I come up with. I just thought someone would have come up with a solution already so I didn't have to tax my tiny brain!
We have a 12DDST a frame trailer. We actually mounted two paper towel holders. One inside right by the window, so when we close it it just hangs there. The 2nd one is on the door that opens up outside ,where you have under storage, right by the bbq hookup. Husband had no issues drilling into the a frame, no special screws.

As for storage, bins work the best for larger items to go under the bed, also helps with organization. We have one bin with all cooking and one bin with all eatery items. We also took out the microwave and built a pull out shelf inside, put baskets in there that's where we keep coffee things along with cooking oils. Under the one bench, again bins that had jackets and blankets. Good luck with your a frame, they are wonderful
Bubbleslisa68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:17 PM   #46

I purchased an inexpensive one off of amazon and mounted it with Pop rivets and not once has the roll fell off. And I take my trailer down some questionable roads.
Woody1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:30 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbleslisa68 View Post
We have a 12DDST a frame trailer. We actually mounted two paper towel holders. One inside right by the window, so when we close it it just hangs there. The 2nd one is on the door that opens up outside ,where you have under storage, right by the bbq hookup. Husband had no issues drilling into the a frame, no special screws.

As for storage, bins work the best for larger items to go under the bed, also helps with organization. We have one bin with all cooking and one bin with all eatery items. We also took out the microwave and built a pull out shelf inside, put baskets in there that's where we keep coffee things along with cooking oils. Under the one bench, again bins that had jackets and blankets. Good luck with your a frame, they are wonderful

Those are great ideas! Thanks.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #48

Think outside of the box: mount it vertical instead of horizontal
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:41 PM   #49

Very welcome. There also is a great YouTube videos from slim potato head on his a frame. My husband loves his ideas
Bubbleslisa68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:42 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbleslisa68 View Post
Very welcome. There also is a great YouTube videos from slim potato head on his a frame. My husband loves his ideas
Slim has great ideas. Love his videos.
Woody1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:44 PM   #51

Yep, I've watched many of Slim's videos.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:46 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagerjjm View Post
Think outside of the box: mount it vertical instead of horizontal

I did:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2351240

Old 06-25-2020, 07:49 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinhwy66 View Post
A stand up paper towel holder is what we use, at home and RV'ing. No holes to drill or searching for a good location. Take it with you or move it over when it gets in the way.

cruisin
Us too.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:01 PM   #54

Paper towel holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
I know this is a bit silly but I really want to mount my paper towel holder to the wall I orderd the Camco paper towel holder and there really is no place to mount it that isn't in the way. The perfect spot would be on one of the walls but you can't securely screw into foam so I need suggestions for other options!
Mount it underneath your cabinets with some small wood screws or short machines screws with nuts.
mcsebald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:10 PM   #55

You can get some industrial velcro at home depot that holds 50Lbs. That might be an option for youi.
razzle408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:13 PM   #56

I bought a magnetic one that I stuck on the underside of the microwave.
Coopers93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #57
Predator59

I put mine in the wood of the cabinet in the small space above the microwave. Wood screws...I guarantee you won't strip them like the factory does if you're careful.
Dwjackson59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:43 PM   #58

Magnetic Paper Towel Holders

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Put it on the side of your stove hood. Done!!!
Hawk on the Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:58 PM   #59
WonderberryJAM

This is what I used and it works terrific. I placed it next to the sink in a corner so it's handy and out of the way.
https://smile.amazon.com/Home-X-Upri...s%2C210&sr=8-2
WonderberryJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:01 PM   #60

Paper Towel Holder

We stuck this on the wall with 3M tabs and love it!!

https://www.amazon.com/Prodyne-M-913-Stainless-Cabinet-Holder/dp/B0006TZMOE/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=prodyne+stainless +steel+mount+paper+towel+holder&qid=1593136768&spr efix=prodyne+&sr=8-3
Keri is offline   Reply With Quote