RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 06-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
@MHMANNING Where did you find a rod that long?
Just realized I answered this without your question quoted.

Home Depot cut two pieces for the length which are held together by a splicer which is adjustable.
Rubber caps are on the ends. Closet rod holder on both walls for the rod to sit in. It rides in front of the fridge when traveling.

Some people use a shower curtain rod but I prefer this steel rod because it doesn't sag after having things hanging on it for a while.
MHManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:37 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlocicero View Post
We mounted ours under cabinet over the sink.
X2. Used screws at first, but rough roads worked them out. Machine screws and nuts did the trick.
SmilinBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:39 PM   #83

I immediately thought of used paper towels when I saw the title. But where and how to mount the roll? Not.

To finish the reaction, really, how do you deal with used paper products? Depending on how they are soiled they can really be useful afterward and not just be another contribution to garbage. Granted they probably don't account for much volume but can have a useful 2nd life instead of pulling yet more off the roll.

I'm not anal about environmentalism but it may seem that way. I just abhor waste - esp when getting rid of it is a PITB.
JRHill02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHill02 View Post
I immediately thought of used paper towels when I saw the title. But where and how to mount the roll? Not.

To finish the reaction, really, how do you deal with used paper products? Depending on how they are soiled they can really be useful afterward and not just be another contribution to garbage. Granted they probably don't account for much volume but can have a useful 2nd life instead of pulling yet more off the roll.

I'm not anal about environmentalism but it may seem that way. I just abhor waste - esp when getting rid of it is a PITB.

I'll use a sheet of paper towel until it gets pretty shredded, not just one wipe and throw it away. Obviously you wouldn't use it dirty on your dishes but you could go from using it on your dishes to cleaning up a spill.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:50 PM   #85

We actually DO have an a-frame and although I have not mounted a paper towel holder yet we did have an issue with the dinette table bracket pulling out of the wall when the camper was still pretty new. FR just used little sheet metal screws in to the wall. I used plastic wall anchors like you would use in plaster or drywall in your house and that bracket is still solid two years later.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:44 PM   #86

Wouldn't it be nice to have all of the paper towel holder mounting options of the non-A-frame owners posting in this thread? :P

My paper towel roll has always just stood upright on the counter near the sink and stovetop, which is definitely not a good place for it, especially when pooled or splashed water around the sink comes into contact with the roll. I do, however, like to be able to easily stash the roll in the under-sink cabinet to keep other things from moving around while towing.

After reading through this, I may have to try a bungee arrangement, though I have removed my dinette table and use a smaller folding tray instead, so that eliminates one option.

Nights camped in 2016: 37; 2017: 54; 2018: 47; 2019: 63; 2020: 53
JArry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:51 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JArry View Post
Wouldn't it be nice to have all of the paper towel holder mounting options of the non-A-frame owners posting in this thread? :P

My paper towel roll has always just stood upright on the counter near the sink and stovetop, which is definitely not a good place for it, especially when pooled or splashed water around the sink comes into contact with the roll. I do, however, like to be able to easily stash the roll in the under-sink cabinet to keep other things from moving around while towing.

After reading through this, I may have to try a bungee arrangement, though I have removed my dinette table and use a smaller folding tray instead, so that eliminates one option.

Yeah, have to chuckle at all the suggestions that won't work for an a-Frame. I did in up with a removable mount for mine (I posted pics a few posts back) but also plan to try the bungie under the table (I also use an aftermarket folding table).
Old 07-08-2020, 07:09 PM   #88
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Ihave one that set on the kitchen counter. For get the under self type. Late RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:13 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRHill02 View Post

We have gone back and forth between disposable plates, bowls, "silverware", and cups and the non-disposable. We're going back to mostly non-disposable to avoid the waste and the trips to the dumpster 2-3 times a day to prevent "visitors" when we are asleep or out of the campsite. With just 2 of us, it just isn't that much extra effort to wash 2 plates, 2 cups, and 2 sets of silver when washing the cooking gear.

I have refined my washing to use a small coffee pot (if there is 120V) or teapot (if there is not) to provide a hot water rinse after washing. We do wash dishes outside. In cold weather, I'll occasionally turn on the water heater and use the outside shower as a source of warm or hot water.

Our latest mod is to remove the legs off the dinette table, and install a removable pedestal leg in the center. A wood strip with Velcro across the front stops any wobbling. With the mod, we can leave the table in the up position while towing. The only time it should get lowered is when we convert the dinette to a bed. Table is now a lot lighter, and has more room underneath without those awkward, heavy folding legs.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:54 PM   #90

I also have an a-frame. I use a portable paper towel holder. Counter space was an issue, but i bought a few small pine crates at Lowe's. I put one on top of the counter. That way I have a spot to put food etc. I put the towel holder next to it. TV on top of crate. Other crates on the floor where the dinette would be. I ditched the table. Too much of a pain and too heavy to move. I purchased a 3 drawer plastic storage dresser and use it for clothes. Hated having to work around my suitcase all the time. This works really well for me and can stay put when travelling. Hope this helps.
SGTSTORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:18 AM   #91

As a retired 3Mer, I want to emphasize that it's great tape, but you need to follow the surface prep instructions. If you don't there's a risk of the tape failing. Confession: I've had that issue myself, with the VHB. Also, use the correct version of tape for your situation. The regular double sided foam tape, might be the best for this application rather than the VHB tapes. Still, follow the prep instructions.

t's great tape as long including surface prep. If you don't, there is a strong possibility (depending on use) of the tape failing. That would be considered "user failure" and not a tape problem. I'll admit that I've messed that up myself.