Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2020, 06:58 AM   #1

Where do you put your paper towels!

I know this is a bit silly but I really want to mount my paper towel holder to the wall I orderd the Camco paper towel holder and there really is no place to mount it that isn't in the way. The perfect spot would be on one of the walls but you can't securely screw into foam so I need suggestions for other options!
p40whk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:02 AM   #2

has to have studs in that wall. Look where the overhead cabinet screws are installed
Mike134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:04 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Some designs of Command hooks might help you secure it.

If not.....there’s some “killer strong” 3M brand tape. Check for it at an automotive store or big box store like Lowes or a Home Depot.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/bonding-...le-sided-tape/

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Some designs of Command hooks might help you secure it.

If not.....there’s some “killer strong” 3M brand tape. Check for it at an automotive store or big box store like Lowes or a Home Depot.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/bonding-...le-sided-tape/

I'll give the double stick tape a try if I can find some that is strong enough, considering I'd be pulling on it all the time I didn't even think of using that.

As far as studs go, I haven't tried a stud finder to see if I can detect any but I never really trusted those things that much.

I've had this camper for two years now and I'm still trying to get a system down for organization.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:15 AM   #5

There is a thin layer of wood on the walls. Use a wood screw or drywall screw. Just be gentle on the torque.

I do double stick foam tape and a screw. The tape gives some hold and some cushion.

I was testing the location for my paper towel holder with command strips. After a couple trips it started to pull the "wallpaper" off the wall. After that, I use screws...
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #6

I use one of these so I can have them where I need them.

https://www.clipnrip.com/
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:13 AM   #7

3/16" Pop Rivets into the wall board, but they leave holes behind just like screws if you have to remove it for one reason or another.

I like the 3M double stick tape but it is so strong it can peel the vinyl off of the wall board.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip12 View Post

That's a pretty cool idea, I'll have to see where I could clip it inside the camper.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip12 View Post

I'd never seen these before. I just ordered the 5 pack of these on Amazon for house, camper, outbuilding paper towels and shop towels.
smkauffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:11 AM   #10
Just as confused as you

I have placed a 1/2 inch piece of plywood under the cabinet and screwed large head panhead machine screws in from the inside the cabinet. The screws don't interfere with stuff in the cabinet and the nuts are hidden by the towel holder. Just be sure it's where you want it before drilling the holes.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #11

this works for us, doesn't take up table or wall space, ... out of the way, but handy from either side, ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0825.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	463.5 KB
ID:	231746  

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #12

We love these. Have them in both the kitchen and bath. No unraveling and the click feature lets you tear off with one hand. Easy to mount to cabinets with the supplied screws, or you could mount to walls with small hollow wall anchor.https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...-towel-holders
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:07 AM   #13

You can try double sided indoor/outdoor tape. You're probably going to mount it in a humid area, so the outdoor tape works best. Using tape along the total surface area gives it a lot more strength. Command strips work for most things, but I'm not sure you could get enough strength without using lot of strips.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:55 PM   #14

Get a stand up paper towel holder put anywhere on you counter. they work great and easy to change out rolls.They make sure you get one with tension on it so you can pull towel out and rip with one hand.
NEANGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #15

I bought 2 of these, one for kitchen and one for bathroom, 2 rolls of tp fit perfect. Paper towels can now hang where you need them, or move out of the way.

Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200618-140407_Chrome.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	231761  
JJaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:28 PM   #16

Paper Towel Holder??

A stand up paper towel holder is what we use, at home and RV'ing. No holes to drill or searching for a good location. Take it with you or move it over when it gets in the way.

cruisin
cruisinhwy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:40 PM   #17
ARLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
I know this is a bit silly but I really want to mount my paper towel holder to the wall I orderd the Camco paper towel holder and there really is no place to mount it that isn't in the way. The perfect spot would be on one of the walls but you can't securely screw into foam so I need suggestions for other options!
We mounted ours under cabinet over the sink.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:43 PM   #18

I realize that a lot of people just read and reply to the "New Posts" and many don't consider the sub-forum (and I do appreciate the suggestions) but I want to point out that this is for a small A-Frame camper that is short on space. There aren't cabinets on the walls to indicate where wall studs would be (or to mount to the underside) and there is precious little counter space to sit this on top of. I also only have one cabinet drawer under the sink area that would put the roll right in the way of traffic so that option is out.

I may look at some of the 3M VHB tape to mount it to the wall but that stuff isn't cheap and I'm concerned it will just pull off the wall covering. I may also design something I can 3D print that can be riveted to exiting metal (Wall Hinges or window trim). Since everything is Aluminum, Rare Earth magnets are out as well.

I'll figure out a solution eventually! I'll be in the camper tonight to work on my storage and organization scheme anyway to we'll see what I come up with. I just thought someone would have come up with a solution already so I didn't have to tax my tiny brain!
Old 06-18-2020, 01:55 PM   #19

We mounted the below SS towel holder to the underside of the cabinet secured with SS screws and blind nuts. The blind nuts are nearly flush with the cabinet surface once installed. The screws can be cut flush with the top of the blind nuts. The holder was positioned so that a full towel roll nearly touched the wall.

As for this towel holder, we have used them for years at home and on the road. They are stylish, sturdy, the rolls can be changed in seconds and they have a friction feature so the towel roll doesn't unravel when the RV is in motion. One of them has been in use for 15 years. It still looks new and it still works new.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002YI65...5&ref=aa_scomp

The first picture shows the towel holder in the top left corner. Unfortunately, when the pictures were taken, I didn't have the towel holder in mind.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P4220494.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	231773   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4210478.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	231774  
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 02:15 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
I realize that a lot of people just read and reply to the "New Posts" and many don't consider the sub-forum (and I do appreciate the suggestions) but I want to point out that this is for a small A-Frame camper that is short on space. There aren't cabinets on the walls to indicate where wall studs would be (or to mount to the underside) and there is precious little counter space to sit this on top of. I also only have one cabinet drawer under the sink area that would put the roll right in the way of traffic so that option is out.

I may look at some of the 3M VHB tape to mount it to the wall but that stuff isn't cheap and I'm concerned it will just pull off the wall covering. I may also design something I can 3D print that can be riveted to exiting metal (Wall Hinges or window trim). Since everything is Aluminum, Rare Earth magnets are out as well.

I'll figure out a solution eventually! I'll be in the camper tonight to work on my storage and organization scheme anyway to we'll see what I come up with. I just thought someone would have come up with a solution already so I didn't have to tax my tiny brain!
Unfortunately this thread will continue to get suggestions that won't work in an A-frame trailer because people pay no attention to where the thread is located.
And all that's needed is to scroll to the top to see the location. [emoji849]
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote